Thread: Dermestid beatles

Default Dermestid beatles

Anyone have any hungry dermestid beatles? I have a wild pig skull I brought back from Texas that has plenty of chow on it that I'd like to get clean. PM me if so.

Ryan

Default Craigslist

I heard on the radio that a guy has them on Craigslist. I think he was selling them rather than offering the service...????
    Just a thought.

Tundra Tanning in the valley had some last year.

Default Bugs

I sent my bear skull to Kodiak Bones & Bugs taxidermy. There is a place in Palmer or Wasilla that advertises on the web that they do it for museums and stuff to that might be worth a try.

Fuse

Default beetles

nick at 907-301-1945 has beetles and would prob do it for u. he is in anchorage

Default I will have some soon!!!

I have a order for some, but I won't let them ship til the temp is up a bit. I still had only 24 degrees this morning. I would say they will be in by the first week in May. I am looking forward to getting them, I sent alot of work away last year.
    Alaska Mountin' Man Taxidermy
    North Pole, Ak 99705
    (907) 488-7083

Tucker, what do you plan on charging for a skull clean? I've got a brown bear, wolverine, wolf and musk ox that I'd like to get done.

Jerod

I will PM you with a quote tonight. I do not want to push my luck with free advertising. Hope this works for you..

Tracy
    Alaska Mountin' Man Taxidermy
    North Pole, Ak 99705
    (907) 488-7083

Default Beatles

I have a 50 gallon drum full of them...thousands....can do mulchatna head and sell some too if any interests.
    FYI buying them does not gurantee instant results. It took me a good 6 months before I had good numbers and could do large skulls within a week.
    If you buy them they are temperature dependant and need the right environment to thrive...if any serious interests feel free to PM me.

M

I brought my Texas hog skulls to Bob Mardis at Action Anatomy Taxidermy, going to make a nice euro mount with bloody arrow on plaque too. He has beetles clean up the skull. Great guy to deal with, you can get in contact with him if you'd like at 360-6218.

Default PM Sent

Polaristracker, PM sent.