Thread: I Need Fishing Guide Recommendations

Default I Need Fishing Guide Recommendations

I'm from Wisconsin and I'll be in Alaska for one week in June for a friend's wedding. I'd like to take advantage of my opportunities while I'm there and do some fishing. I'm trying to find an affordable 1/2 day or full day guided fishing package. I'd also need equipment and licenses to be included in the package. I don't have a preference on species but would like a boated trip probably on a lake, but maybe a river. My fiancee will be fishing also and she does not have much fishing experience so I just want there to be action so she has a good time. We'll be staying in Anchorage so does anyone have any recommendations on a guide service in that area that is affordable with 1/2 day or full day trips? What is an affordable price for such a package in Alaska? I appreciate any help and advice.

-trestand24

Call Trail Ridge Air in Anchorage, at Lake Hood. They work with a number of guides and can help. Thy will sell you a one day license and since Kings are running, a king stamp. Their web sit is :http://www.trailridgeair.com/

I know you mentioned rivers and action. May have some decent trout fishing for action. If you change your mind and may be interested in a salt water trip with lots of action, sea lions, puffins, sea otters, fjords, and glacier viewing check out my web: www.fishwithhill.com We also have lodging in Seward.

Go down on the penisula. Try Mike Wheat at fishwheat.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sigler916 View Post
    Go down on the penisula. Try Mike Wheat at fishwheat.com
    I second that opinion. If you can't get Mike, try to get Albert or Stan with HiLo.