Thread: Kenai river flowing ?

Default Kenai river flowing ?

Say I am at work & can't get the Soldotna Bridge web-cam to play. Has the river broken free.?

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

I just got off the slope Thursday,went across the Warren Ames bridge and saw open water.Way cool.Went across the bridge in Soldotna and there is still ice on both sides of the bridge.There was a few spots that are trying to open up but not yet there.Supposed to be around 50 degrees today so there is still hope.Might be good time to head to Seward,forecast on NOAA is for 2' sea.Rockfish,chickens,maybe a winter King.Got to go...........

Mark: thanks for the fast info. Come on spring

I'm at 24 mile and the river is open about half the way accross and flowing strongly. The ducks are having a great time flying up about half a mile and floating back down.

Gusdog44 Thats great news.

So around the Soldotna airport some open water, Has anyone seen ice jamming up around Big Eddy?

Default sucks to be you!

The river was flowing yesterday from Skilak to Bings. The Koffler floated the whole thing! We tried calling Baker yesterday a couple of times. Good company, good beer, and some echo lake cheese and caribou sticks. No fish, missed 2.

Well someone has to make oil for America might as well be me. Nice to here you got out on the river, Didn't know rainbows liked Caribou sticks and cheese (will have to try that one) thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by kenaislider View Post
    The river was flowing yesterday from Skilak to Bings. The Koffler floated the whole thing! We tried calling Baker yesterday a couple of times. Good company, good beer, and some echo lake cheese and caribou sticks. No fish, missed 2.
    How'd you get into the river? Push the boat across the ice?
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default It's open

We just drove through Cooper Landing, the river is open from about 100 yards north of the bridge. Lots of folks floating the river.