Thread: ATV's and Eklutna ???

Default ATV's and Eklutna ???

Has anyone been out to Eklunta this year? Are the trails clear enough yet for an ATV? Can you run an ATV year around (Sun - Wed ) at Eklutna? Just some questions I have been wondering about.

Thanks in Advance.

Default if memory

serves me correctly there was some thing about they will close the trails if the decide they are to wet and damage will be caused so maybe this time of year or if real rainy they might close them for awhile but other then that i think you could ride year round but i have not been up there this year so can't give you any conditions

I just went last Sunday all the way back! Still plenty of snow on the trails--

Icecold,
    Where you on a sled or wheeler? How far did you make it?

I'm planning on riding back there Sunday and possibly camping out. I'll post conditions when I get back on Monday. If there's no ground without snow I might not camp, but as long as the trail is open I'm going to give it the old college try.

I was on the Wheeler and made it ALL the way back with ease

Quote Originally Posted by zeb View Post
    I'm planning on riding back there Sunday and possibly camping out. I'll post conditions when I get back on Monday. If there's no ground without snow I might not camp, but as long as the trail is open I'm going to give it the old college try.
    I took a ride out there yesterday. It said it was closed to snowmachines. But where does the trail start for ATV's? All I seen was was signs for hiking only or the gates were closed and locked. Do they open some gates on Sunday or something? There were signs prohibiting snowmachines and ATV all over.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    I took a ride out there yesterday. It said it was closed to snowmachines. But where does the trail start for ATV's? All I seen was was signs for hiking only or the gates were closed and locked. Do they open some gates on Sunday or something? There were signs prohibiting snowmachines and ATV all over.

Any help would be appreciated.
    GWH,
    Motorized access is limited to Sunday through Wednesday. There are two starting points to the trail. One is across from the entrance to the campsites, there is an overflow parking lot with a ranger cabin in one corner. Just to the left of the cabin there is a trail through the woods.

The other is from the main parking lot (closer to the lakeshore, near the bicycle and canoe rental stand).

SR1245,

Thanks for the info. I may check it out tomorrow.

GWH

I've never been down the Eklutna trail, but am going to give it a shot on Sunday. Is there any opportunity to shoot a lost black bear on this ride or is it a regulation no no.

You can hunt black bear with a bow only and I could be wrong but since it is a bow restricted hunt, I believe you have to have your bow cert card but don't qoute me on that.