Thread: sig mosquito

Default sig mosquito

anyone in here have a sig 22? if so is your mag release sticky?

I had one... IIRC the mag release was just fine on mine...

I bought 10 magazines for it and had intended on getting a threaded barrel for it so I could get a supressor for it. But I couldn't get it to function very well.

I bought several different "suggested" brands of ammo and kept trying to get it to function properly but I couldn't get it to finish one mag without it having feeding or extracting issues.

I ended up selling it...

Too bad though, I loved the way it felt in my hand and wish it would have been more reliable. I've been told that my experience isn't the norm, but all I can say is after messing around with it for several months I would probably never own one again...

- Clint
    /_|o[____]o
    [1---L-OllllllO-
    ()_)()_)==)_)

Default sig

I'm with you alaskacajun my sig was acting the same way as yours. I had the same outcome as you I got rid of it and won't buy another. I love my sig 556 though.

Sig only ever made one gun that was junk....that being the skeeter. I bought 3 of them before I finally decided that I wasn't gonna get a good one. As far as I am concerned they should have pulled them from the market or at least done a recall. All three of mine had feed issues with all ammo!

Default sig

its only for plinking, man. mine loads and fires the expensive cci stuff just fine but ive had the best luck with Blazer. one ftl per hundred. my only gripe is with the mag release sticking open especially when cold. otherwise ive got a couple thousand rounds through with no more jams than any autoloading 22 ive ever owned.

Sorry Raoul, I don't mean to ruffle your feathers or anything. If your satisfied with one failure /hundred with expensive ammo good enough. The three that I had all failed one out of 10 at least. I hate it too because I love the ergonomics of the gun.

To put it in perspective, I have a Ruger MKII and a Browning Buckmark that both digest almost anything that you feed them. The Ruger has been used in league shooting for 10 years and has fired in excess of 20,000 rounds. I can count on one hand the number of failures that I've had with that gun. Those failures probably had more to do with neglect on my part as well as a dud or two. Thats not any fault of the gun itself. The Buckmark is a tad more finiky (doesn't like Thunderbolts) however I shot a full brick (550 rounds) of the cheap Federal ($14.00/brick) through it last weekend without a hitch.

It kinda says something when many of the certified Sig dealers won't even handle the skeeters anymore because they are more trouble than they are worth.

Sorry to have to hammer this little gun so hard but I have never had three lemons in a row of anything. From the looks of things on the other shooting forums I am not alone on this one!

Default sig

didnt mean to come off as offended, elmer, just stating that it isnt relied upon for defense. mines got the threaded barrel and digi camo job, a total impulse buy, and when i said "fires as well as other 22 al ive owned" i have a smith mark and a old hi standard so far the sig has performed way better than the smith and almost as well as the hi standard. i did discover a lot of bad reviews lilke your experience, after i bought it. research first buy later! thanks