Thread: chena river fishing

Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska, United States

Default chena river fishing

can anyone tell me if the chena river has started to open up to ware you could fish it. would love to try and get out after some chare and grayling

Quote Originally Posted by mac87toy View Post
    can anyone tell me if the chena river has started to open up to ware you could fish it. would love to try and get out after some chare and grayling
    Chare? If you mean Char, then you would be fishing a long time to find them, I don't think any Char are in the Chena. Its open by the Peger Road bridge, I'm not sure if it is worth fishing it. I might give it a try this weekend to see if my gear is ready to go for this summer. You might hook into a Grayling, maybe, and I've heard of the occasional Sheefish being caught in there in the spring time. I've seen Pike in there also.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

If you want char go ice fishing on Chena lakes. There are some nice ones in there. Diddo no char in the river.

The river is open below the power plant to at least the Parks/Mitchell Exp. Bridge. Don't know how far below that bridge before turning back to ice.
    Saw some folks putting in some kayaks at Pioneer Park last weekend.