Thread: Building an AR-15

Default Building an AR-15

Not sure where else to ask this, but does anyone know if Far North Tactical is still open in Fairbanks? I am trying to find an AR-15 kit and heard that they sell them there, but the couple times I tried to stop by the door was locked, maybe I just have bad timing. And does anyone know of any other stores that sell AR-15 kits in Fairbanks?
    Thanks.

What do you mean when you say: AR-15 Kit.....? Is this the spare springs, and pins kit......?

No, I am looking for a complete rifle kit to finish a stripped lower.

Hopeak,
    As it does in this case, saying a kit usually means all parts except the main receiver. It is the part with the serial number on it and it is usually the part designated the "gun" for sales purposes. On the AR15 it is the lower receiver. So if you just had a stripped receiver and were looking to completely build the gun, you would go buy a kit. And as for where to get them, I usually get them online.
    model 1 sales
    dpms
    etc etc

You are looking for a lower parts kit. Go to AR15.com and you can find them there under equipment exchange/sale. They can range from about $95 to $75 if you are lucky.

Cheers,

Matt

Best bet for quality would be seeing bill down at pro tek. Every time I have gone there, even for tiny lil parts he's had it.

If you have any questions on building a rifle, ask him or pm me and i can probably answer whatever.

North