Thread: Jet boat starter river advice please

Default Jet boat starter river advice please

Gang, I am looking for some suggestions for a good couple of rivers to run to help built jet boat experience. I live in the wilds of Eagle River, and would prefer to spend more time on the river and less on the highway if possible. My only jet experience so far has been running up the Knik to the Glacier. That was a fun run, but I would like to try something more like an interior small winding stream that allows me to make a graduated increase in difficulty. You got to start somewhere. The boat Iíll be using is a 17í rough neck with a 40hp jet.
    Thanks,
    Dave

Default Rivers, im not sure about creeks...

Little Sue, but it is high traffic at times. May encounter bigger, faster boats than yours. This is starting from Burma landing which is another 30 minute haul in Wasilla area. There was another access point off the parks heading out towards Huston but not sure if it is blocked from trailering down to water or not. Good luck and there are probably more places closer that I dont recall.

Default Only three rivers close to Anchorage

Little Su
    Twentymile
    Knik

That's all there is unless you drive farther to launch...........

Thanks guys. How is the twenty mile as a practice river?

Default 20 mile

the 20 mile is a great practice river. thats where i got some practice in with my boat when i got it