Thread: Transplanting

Default Transplanting

Thought I would try a couple of pictures. Transplanting seedlings to larger pots last night. Cabbage, Broccoli, Toms, Peppers, Eggplant. Tonight it is cucumbers and more peppers and cabbage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good pictures Michael!

I have been working on transplanting as well. Got the tomatoes done yesterday and hope to work on the cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, swiss chard and kale today and tomorrow. The peppers and herbs can wait a bit longer.

Grandma Lori
    If God had intended us to follow recipes,
    He wouldn't have given us grandmothers. ~Linda Henley

It's been very trying for our transplanting as well.
    We have one corn that survived the transplant.
    Our cucumbers and tomatoes are doing actually fairly well.
    We started on melons and I have quite a few sprout up, but only time will tell if they are really able to make it.

Here are our pictures:

Cucumbers:

Some Tomatoes:

Lily Flowers:

Here is our one surviving corn:
    Lurker.

Looking good. I've not had much luck transplanting Corn. The best I did was to plant 12-20 seeds in an 18" pot and grow them in the green house. The ears were very immature, but it was cool for Halloween.

I just finished transplanting tomatoes and cabbage last night. My eggplant did not sprout at all. I'll try again and see what happens.

Happy planting.

Thanks... and keep posting pictures! It's nice to see your amazing garden.
    Lurker.

Talking Transplants...

Hi gang,been a couple weeks since I've been on.Busy with archery shoots,cutting next years fire wood and getting it split.I went through maybe two cords this winter,and got at least one out of one of my fir trees.That stuff splits so easy Thank God.My tomatoes are going nuts.Maybe 12" tall and healthy(4" pots)Sugar baby watermellons are another story...healthy plants but seem to be stunted.Peppers are doing ok,but on a scale 1-10...maybe a 6.5 Out in the garden, yellow onions are 6" tall.Kicking myself for not splitting my rhubarb last fall and planting it in a well manured soil.I can tell by the way they are growing they are lacking TLC.Squash plants I kind of rushed.Should have waited a couple weeks.They have roots growing through the peat cups.Went to the farm today and brought in a truck load of well aged manure for the garden so I can get ready for the season.The farmer and I barter all the time(my labor re roofing barns,repairing decks ect) for a place to store the wifes travel trailer all summer as we can't get it up the mt, and he also shares his beef on occasions.In his early 80's, he sure appreciates the help as I appreciate the load of garden gold.Hope your gardens and plants have the best season ever.GR

Default lighting question?

I have a question on the lighting set up for indoor starts, actually two.
    What kind of lights are you using?
    How long do you have them on during the day?
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Default Lights...

I had used the flourecent Gro lite from Wally world.Uses very little power, so 24 hrs a day is no problem.GR

Default thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Rovingarcher View Post
    I had used the flourecent Gro lite from Wally world.Uses very little power, so 24 hrs a day is no problem.GR
    Got the sunlight (5000K) bulbs today from Home Depot today.
    Thanks again for the reply.
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Here's a couple more from yesterday. I may have started my cabbage and Brussel Sprouts too soon.

So... it's time for us to transplant again.

Tomatoes

Cucumbers
    Lurker.

Default Tomato transplant success!

I grew these tomatoes in an Aerogarden, planted in March. I transplanted them a little too late but they survived, including the flowers.

The rest of the lot were started on April 10 and 11. They are currently sitting on a rack covered in plastic until I can get them in bags. The starts being sold at the big box stores are much smaller than the ones I have growing.

Very nice plants you have growing there, Willow wite! Thanks for sharing. If you have more... post! I'd love to see them!
    Lurker.

Talking Hi Co...

Hope all is well on your end.I actually took pics of my plants, and put them on the computer,but have problems putting them on the site.My tomatoes are doing too good.My "4th of July" plants have flower buds on them and it's too cold to put them out.(Had 34 low last night)My "Oregon Spring" seem to be doing ok, but are lagging behind a bit.Spuds in the garden are up about 1"Onions have about1' tops,and doing great.I also have 2 dozen pepper plants about8" tall, but will be a month before they see the garden.Today I prepared the tomato beds, and gathered 6 buckets of Vinemaple humus and mixed it in the soil.Works great for water retention.Been working on this soil 19 years, and still have a ways to go,but does produce exceptional plants.Hope your spring has sprung...GR

Default more plant pics

These take forever to load with ds-snail. The squash were from last week. I would like to post a current squash pic - maybe tomorrow. Not to mention the cabbage and flowers. I am amazed at the plants. I hope my makeshift greenhouse doesn't freeze.