Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bear Bait - Scent Ball

Default Bear Bait - Scent Ball

Has anyone used the bait balls. I saw it in Sportsman's the other day; but the 69.99 price made me really think about it.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Frontier out fitters is getting some in that are less then that.. i talked to Gerry the other day.. I have one of them i think it will work great.... made here in AK. by Baitum907... or you can order from her on the swap and sell..

both products have about the same amount of field life. and one is cheaper then the other..DO NOT BRING IT IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

We got a member here selling 6 lb. scent balls for $30. Located in Wasilla. I'm hoping to pick up two by this weekend when I get my bait out.

I had a friend that hung one up near his cabin (10 foot up or so). They never had an opportunity to hunt over it, but we checked it out in the fall and it was gone. There was hole several feet deep below where it was hanging. The bears absolutely tore the heck out of the ground from all the dripping. Keep that in mind since you are responsible for clean up. We found lots of brown and black fur stuck in the spruce bark, so both varieties are attracted. If I recall it was a berry flavor.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Haven't used the scent ball, but got a container of those little scent gel balls and man they stunk up that area so quick it was crazy.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Local Scent Balls

Check us out on the web www.baitem907.com
    My husband has had his first scent ball for 3 years and it still smells. If you would like to come and check them out... just give us a shout.
    Northern Outfitters in Fairbanks will get thier shippment from us on the 21st. Coming North is Anise, Bacon & Maple
    Benefit of buying Scent Balls from Bait Em 907... you can set up two bait stations for the price of one of SW Scent Balls and save $10
    Good Luck with your stations guys and gals.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Default Balls are the ticket

Put one up last year in a new area and had bears all over the place. They ate the ball that was between two big birch trees suspended. I am still scratching my head as to how they got to it ??? I suspect there were some small bears that could get out on the limbs where the ropes were secured. I hate to spend the $$$ if they can get to it and eat it in short order. Mine lasted a week in this area. Just trying to figure out how to make it inaccessable.. ANY THOUGHTS ???
    Pick A Spot

Default Reservations

Quote Originally Posted by baitem907 View Post
    My husband has had his first scent ball for 3 years and it still smells. If you would like to come and check them out... just give us a shout.
    Northern Outfitters in Fairbanks will get thier shippment from us on the 21st. Coming North is Anise, Bacon & Maple
    Benefit of buying Scent Balls from Bait Em 907... you can set up two bait stations for the price of one of SW Scent Balls and save $10
    I guess I'll have to call them and ask Northern Outfitters to hold on to one for me before everyone else on the Forum grabs them all up! Can't wait for my last chance at bear up here!

Fuse

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

HEY jess? isn't that Frontier outfitters? or do they go by northern also.?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by mikthestik View Post
    Put one up last year in a new area and had bears all over the place. They ate the ball that was between two big birch trees suspended. I am still scratching my head as to how they got to it ??? I suspect there were some small bears that could get out on the limbs where the ropes were secured. I hate to spend the $$$ if they can get to it and eat it in short order. Mine lasted a week in this area. Just trying to figure out how to make it inaccessable.. ANY THOUGHTS ???

ak145 tip here... from the bear bait seminar..

use a small cable that little bear can not climb along

and secure the ball between two trees like you had.. but tie it to the cable so it will not slide..

and get it way in the air... so you don't get an bears that think they are Michael Jordan...

meet on face book here

Default Frontier Outfitters

Sorry Vince,
    You are right and I was wrong... you are very beautfiul and I am very unattractive... lol.
    It is Frontier Outfitters!! I am sorry I have some other scent balls headed to BC and that is thier name. Oops.
    They will be delivered no later than the 21st of April. I can't wait to see the testimony we get this year.
    As for hanging the Scent Ball, suspending the ball from two tree is the best way to do it. I had some pictures of balckies hanging on by thier teeth and claws to climb out on the wire and get the ball. Maybe hang it higher?
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    www.baitem907.com

Thumbs up

well DANG POST THOSE PICTURES!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meet on face book here

Can I pick one up tomorrow morning?

Default Pick Up

Mat,
    Just give us a call before you head this way. 373-8995
    Weekends are usually busy and the balls go fast!
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    www.baitem907.com

Mat,
    Just give us a call before you head this way. 373-8995
    Weekends are usually busy and the balls go fast!
    I ordered a maple ball today & am looking forward to trying it out soon.
    Can't speak for the product yet, but customer service was great!
    From what Jess was saying sounds like she's going hunting tomorrow & the hubby is minding the store
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default Tending the store

Vance,
    Thanks for the shout out about my customer service! I can't leave Steve to tend the bait! The more he gets to talking the cheaper stuff becomes.
    People need to get their orders in so I can get out to my station or they will be standing at my porch waiting till the sun goes down. We are considering installing a vending machine to the side of our house
    It was nice chatting with you and the best of luck with your bait site.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    www.baitem907.com

Default scent ball

I used a scent ball last year and loved it. I had a bait station that had no activity on it i used everything. Bought a scent ball hung it up and 4 hours later i had bears at my stand from then on. Hopeing my brother in law buys one this year again as i am in iraq. Our got ate last year guess we didnt hang it up high enough. Well i will be home around the first week of june for 2 weeks hoping to get some hunting in while i am home. HAPPY HUNTING PEOPLE.

Jess

What is the most popular scent.

Default Popular Scents

Bob,
    Best Seller Anise
    2nd Bacon w/ Estrous
    3rd Maple

They go really quick.. trying to keep up and I think the begining of May is going to swap me but I can handle it.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    www.baitem907.com

better hurry with that FBK order... i was in, Frontier, today and got almost got in trouble for all the folks demanding them from them....... might need to get them a second....

you did not want to hunt anyway did you?

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast