So I recently learned that you can make tea from true tinder fungus also known as Chaga. It actually tastes pretty darn good. As anyone tried this recipe or has any others.
- Shred the inner part of the Chaga mushroom.
- Soften in cold water for four hours.
- Filter with a coffee filter and save the liquid and the softened Chaga separately.
- Pour water heated to a temperature of about 50C (122F) over the softened chaga in a ratio of 5-parts water to 1-part fungus.
- Let stand at room temperature for 48-hours.
- Filter the new mixture and add this water to that prepared in step 3.
- Use this batch within four days, drinking 3-glasses at eight hour intervals each day. After four days make a new batch of chaga tea.