Thread: Kenai lake or any lake near by

Default Kenai lake or any lake near by

Im looking to get the new to me skanoe out on some open water with the kids. Can anyone that lives down there or been down there tell me what the open water is like?
    Is there any open water where Quartz creek dumps into the lake?
    How far above the bridge has the open water made it?

Just lloking to get the kids out and mabey catch a trout or two.

Come on summer
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default Lots of ice

Lake was all frozen on Sunday when I drove past, there is open water above the bridge for about 100 yds only.

Last year the ice went out May 2 on Skilak Lake and the week befoe on Kenai Lake. You may need to wait a couple of more weeks.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Default Yep

Thats what I was thinking. I am chomping at the bit. Man I can't wait for some open water.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by motorboatn View Post
    Thats what I was thinking. I am chomping at the bit. Man I can't wait for some open water.
    There is some open water in westchester lagoon. But you might have to fight the ducks and geese to find a spot for your Scanoe.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Default lies

i was at kenai lake sunday fishing, and there was alot of water open, you would be launching at the mouth, but there is absolutely no current there right now, or atleast.....very little. i was rowing up and down with no problem. theres more than enough water for the kids to have a good time
    Go Fish

Quote Originally Posted by liv2fish87 View Post
    i was at kenai lake sunday fishing, and there was alot of water open, you would be launching at the mouth, but there is absolutely no current there right now, or atleast.....very little. i was rowing up and down with no problem. theres more than enough water for the kids to have a good time

I was there with Jose. You can paddle around and have some fun. Nice drive down too in the daylight
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight