Thread: Riding pic's 4/12 Denali Highway

Default Riding pic's 4/12 Denali Highway

Just a couple of pic's from this weekend. It was great riding!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

If your out and about, I would sure enjoy a photo of the old homestead, up behind the Susitna Lodge. Is the massive cache still standing.....?Thank You

Default I'll work on it

Hopeak,
    I'll work on getting you some pictures next time I'm up there, weekend after this one. Is that near the cabin where you go up the airstrip off the Denali Highway at Susitna Landing, then take the road off the end of the runway, and up into the valley? I've seen a cabin, with a bunch of Solar panels shining on top of it, in the distance, but when you go up the road, it's gated, and has a 'private property' 'Do not travel beyond this gate' etc. Of course, I've never been past the gate, but was wondering if anyone lived there.

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Coming up that way this weekend with the rv and sleds, can we get a snow report sometime this week so we'll know if it's worth the drive?? I've heard there's still quite a bit of snow up there still.

Yep, still lots of snow. Definitely more the furthur east you go out the highway. Wind-blown near Butte Lake area as usual, but definitely good times getting stuck by all!

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    Hopeak,
    I'll work on getting you some pictures next time I'm up there, weekend after this one. Is that near the cabin where you go up the airstrip off the Denali Highway at Susitna Landing, then take the road off the end of the runway, and up into the valley? I've seen a cabin, with a bunch of Solar panels shining on top of it, in the distance, but when you go up the road, it's gated, and has a 'private property' 'Do not travel beyond this gate' etc. Of course, I've never been past the gate, but was wondering if anyone lived there.

Claude
    Yes that is the property, on the hill, behind the Susitna Lodge. The property fronts on that second lake, so if the lakes are still safe you can legally snow machine to the front yard. Thank you. Hopeak