Thread: .325 wsm

Default .325 wsm

What is the thought the .325 WSM caliber & it's capabilities. I'm looking at a new cartridge to use in my rifle(Kimber M) & it looks like the Winchesters new XP3 200grain would be the most ideal for this round.

I have one and like it, but then again I reload. They aren't the cheapest to buy ammunition for. I load mine with 180 grain Barnes TSX. They're going around 3050 or so. Could probably get more velocity out of them if you wanted. 200 grainers handloaded should be doing 2850-2950. With premium bullets it should be up to anything Alaska can throw at you.

Fairbanks, AK

Default i like mine

i have commented before on this so i'll try to keep it short(er). all shooters have their preference, and mine tends towards function and versatility. i have a .325 browning a-bolt ss stalker w/ a luepold 3.5x10 b&c reticle. i can and do hunt any north american game animal with this. it is light and compact enough to take to the mountains for sheep, goat, deer, etc. it is powerful enough for elk, moose, and brown bear. it shoots flat so it works for desert deer and get my reasoning. there are many good choices for calibers that exist, but i have not been disappointed with my choice. one shot kills on moose and brown bear last season, and it is going with me to kodiak for deer and the arctic for caribou this year. light, compact, full of energy, less recoil, flat trajectory......versatile. it may not be the best at any one thing, but it is quite good at most. my one dissappointment is the availability of ammo. the price is in line with the calibers around it for premium/equal bullets, but there are few choices in manufacturers and bullets. i have used the 200 gr accubonds with success thus far. good luck choosing. i'm sure you will find there are plenty of opinions on caliber out there.