Thread: Moose Creek in a 14 ft KD

Default Moose Creek in a 14 ft KD

Is a 14 ft KD too large to float Moose Creek to Deshka?....Have floated with raft in Willow and Little Willow several times, is Moose Creek similar?

Default Moose Creek.

I floated Moose Creek from the Petersvill Road sevaral years ago in a 17' canoe. I'm not sure if it was a low water year or not but As I recall it was quite shallow with a few logs jams to forge over until we passed where oil well road meets up with Moose Creek. After oil well road the creek was deep, slow and very good fishing.

If it were my trip and I was using a 14' raft I'd put in at oil well road. You'll only loose about a day of draging over sweepers.

Jim King

WWW.alaskaseries.com

Quote Originally Posted by GameGitter View Post
    Is a 14 ft KD too large to float Moose Creek to Deshka?....Have floated with raft in Willow and Little Willow several times, is Moose Creek similar?

Default follow up

When did you do the float? And what was the good fishing for?

thanks Jim for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Series Inflatable Boats View Post
    I floated Moose Creek from the Petersvill Road sevaral years ago in a 17' canoe. I'm not sure if it was a low water year or not but As I recall it was quite shallow with a few logs jams to forge over until we passed where oil well road meets up with Moose Creek. After oil well road the creek was deep, slow and very good fishing.

If it were my trip and I was using a 14' raft I'd put in at oil well road. You'll only loose about a day of draging over sweepers.

Jim King

WWW.alaskaseries.com