Thread: airplane or horses ?

Default airplane or horses ?

I've wanted a plane since I can remember. I have my private and a savings account started for one, but at the rate I'm going, it's going to be awhile. Today my buddy was talking about horses, and it got me thinking. Any thoughts or experience on the cost/ hassle aspect of one versus the other?

I'm mainly looking at getting out hunting or camping, spending time with the wife out there. Nothing really serious either way. Also, another factor is I live in the Cantwell ( cold, windy winters). Thanks

The airplane won't burn any fuel while it's parked.
    Louis Knapp

If you leave for a while you don't have to find anyone to feed and water the plane. Maybe just brush the snow off.
    Tim

Default and

an airplane won't kick you in the nads nor run off 3 miles when you try to load the moose rack on it.
    I didn't make those up. Both happened a two days ride into the bush.

Default Grizzly 1

Quote Originally Posted by mp214parks View Post
    I've wanted a plane since I can remember. I have my private and a savings account started for one, but at the rate I'm going, it's going to be awhile. Today my buddy was talking about horses, and it got me thinking. Any thoughts or experience on the cost/ hassle aspect of one versus the other?

I'm mainly looking at getting out hunting or camping, spending time with the wife out there. Nothing really serious either way. Also, another factor is I live in the Cantwell ( cold, windy winters). Thanks
    Your airplane will drink very little water, while a horse need a whole batch of the stuff. Your airplane won't each chunks from the wood in your barn or stalls . . .

. . . and grizzlies won't eat many of your airplanes. They'll eat every one of your horses, however!

Mort

Course the horse will never have a AD on it's crank,either.

Default Horses and Planes

Do both!...Horses for the wife, Plane for yourself, either one would run about the same for costs. I live in an Equestrian/Aviation subdivision here in Wasilla, and you don't have to be a millionare to do it.