Thread: Spring is here

Default Spring is here

I just saw my first flock of geese flying over Ship Creek today!!!!!
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default This morning

I saw my the first flock of Gulls. When they arrive you know its spring!

Default well -

I just saw a gull following a flock of 9 geese flew right over gate C6 at the airport......

I was just down by Huffman and saw probably 10 different pairs flying at different times. It got my blood pumping. I was in AIT all last season so I haven't even pulled the trigger since 2007.

Flock of about 100 lessers today in the field by the north end of Palmer airport.

Plus the handful of Cottonwood Creek/Nugen's Ranch ducks that showed up from time to time throughout the winter.

Time to get my layout boat project done.

Also, anyone want to get rid of some mallard dekes ? Looking for about 6 good 'uns to fill out my spread.

HH

Cranes & snow geese moving through Wrangell this weekend...always a good sign that winter's grip is loosening.

The old timers say that the hummingbirds ride on the backs of the cranes for their spring migration north.

I JUST SAW MY FAT FRIEND IN SPANDIX..........
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

I saw a lesser today w/ a collar. I'm pumped.

Just saw six swans fly over Palmer airport. Also saw about 100 snow geese mixed in with the lessers in the hayfield.

I saw about 2 dozen snows fly over the house last night. I miss hunting those!

Here in Wisconsin, we've had Canadas and snows moving through in the tens of thousands. Really gets me going.

Default Snows

There were about 50 snows over Potters Marsh yesterday and yes, I can tell a snow from seagull....

I rode Jim creek yesterday and saw lots of pairs of mallards scattered throughout!! Also hear some lessers

Default Yup

Ducks and geese on the Kenai flats - I didn't see any snows. Also, belugas and minkes in the mouth of the river. Must be some hoolies, capelin, or herring milling about. A guy could probably troll up a king off Ninilchik by now. Redoubt blew a smoke ring, too. Nice night for a walk on the North beach.

Yeah I saw alot of activity this weekend down in Kenai, with mallards, and pintails, also some flocks of geese on the flats. There were also two coyotes out there catching mice. I also saw the whales some were coming and chasing fish right out of the water onto the bank and would lay their heads on the bank at low water. Looked like it was herring. I also had to geese lock up and land next to me while I was doing a stream assessment here in anhorage yesterday.

Default kenai flats

Here are some pics from yesterday on the kenai flats, lots of pins specs cans and other stuff
    Attached Images Attached Images