Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Second Chance for Seminar

  1. #1
    Member AK145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    639

    Default Second Chance for Seminar

    Because the turn out was so good.....Sportsmans Warehouse has asked us to put on a second bear baiting seminar on 04/25 at 2:00 pm.

    The feedback was very good regarding the first show so now that the kinks are worked out the second show may even be a bit better

    You can sign up at SW starting in a couple of days if you are interested in attending.

    Hope to see you there!

  2. #2
    Member Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    Too bad Sportsman's doesn't have the same passion for keeping stuff on the shelves.

  3. #3
    Member AK145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Too bad Sportsman's doesn't have the same passion for keeping stuff on the shelves.
    It is frustrating...however I can tell you (and I don't work there) that it is not the local retailers fault....they are frustrated as well that there are restrictions ordering products right now due to the restructuring of the company. Hopefully that will soon pass!

  4. #4
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    903

    Default

    Like I said before......the Bob & Peyton Road Show was cool! But man that Bacon was some stinky stuff. Ya'll did a wonderful job to say the least. Daniel

  5. #5
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Too bad Sportsman's doesn't have the same passion for keeping stuff on the shelves.
    I have had several discussions with the store folks.. they are ALL waiting for the chapter 11 to be over.. they just CANT order until it is...



    and if you missed the first show you should make the second...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
    Like I said before......the Bob & Peyton Road Show was cool! But man that Bacon was some stinky stuff. Ya'll did a wonderful job to say the least. Daniel

    Let me second this. Bob and Peyton did a bang up job. If folks didn't go last time, they should go this time!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    FAI
    Posts
    2,294

    Default and 3rds

    Another vote for the best show in town. Great photos and videos of bears. Good info on layouts, setups, dos, dont's, couple of neat tips, and well worth the time. Even if you are a died in the wool expert, take the time to go say hi. You never know, you might have something valuable to add.
    A few guys from the audience provided input, and it made the whole thing better. Note to the dynamic duo, you guys talk loud enough, but maybe have the audience speak up, or repeat the question or comment.
    I wish my UAF teachers were as good and well prepared as these guys. Never know, I might stop back by for another bag of licorice and some more info. I have to hide somewhere from the wife to get out of remodeling the bathroom.

  8. #8
    Member AK145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Again guys, thanks for the comments and sugguestions....they are well taken I assure you! I'm glad we are able to pass on some tips and ideas that have helped us become very successful chasing bears around!

    Now...if we could just get this snow to melt....

  9. #9
    Member AK145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Bump 'er up!

  10. #10
    Moderator bkmail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer, AK.
    Posts
    4,117

    Default valley...

    Any chance there will be a seminar in the Valley SW? Sounds interesting.
    BK

  11. #11
    Member Fuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Pole, AK
    Posts
    179

    Default Amen!

    My prayers have been answered. I missed the first one because my daughter had a last minute invitation to a birthday party for a good friend of hers (she's going to be 3 years old in 2 weeks). Now we can both go like we planned before . Thanks, we can't wait. We'll have to satiate ourselves with the outdoor show this weekend in the meantime!

    Fuse

  12. #12
    Member AK145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    My prayers have been answered. I missed the first one because my daughter had a last minute invitation to a birthday party for a good friend of hers (she's going to be 3 years old in 2 weeks). Now we can both go like we planned before . Thanks, we can't wait. We'll have to satiate ourselves with the outdoor show this weekend in the meantime!

    Fuse
    Dito!

    Regarding the valley....not this year. This year was a trial run in FBKS, but since things have worked out maybe next year if we are invited. Good luck to all you guys down south though!

  13. #13
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AK145 View Post
    Dito!

    Regarding the valley....not this year. This year was a trial run in FBKS, but since things have worked out maybe next year if we are invited. Good luck to all you guys down south though!

    ah comon... you can do it between trips to the bait stand.... mat su / ANCH...too. the Bob and Peyton road show.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  14. #14
    Member mlwent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Do you have to sign up for this one or can I just show up the day of?? I missed the first one. My wife didn't ask me before she went in to labor two days before

    Mike

  15. #15
    Member AK145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mlwent View Post
    Do you have to sign up for this one or can I just show up the day of?? I missed the first one. My wife didn't ask me before she went in to labor two days before

    Mike
    It doesn't matter to me personally...but I think SW prefers people to sign up to give them an idea of how many to expect. I think last week they had 27 sign up but we had 50 something there. I was putting out 5 gal buckets for people to sit on

    See ya there! ....and congrats on the little one my friend...if you can come that will get you out of diper duty for a couple hours!

  16. #16
    Member Fuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Pole, AK
    Posts
    179

    Default Funny

    Quote Originally Posted by AK145 View Post
    It doesn't matter to me personally...but I think SW prefers people to sign up to give them an idea of how many to expect. I think last week they had 27 sign up but we had 50 something there. I was putting out 5 gal buckets for people to sit on

    See ya there! ....and congrats on the little one my friend...if you can come that will get you out of diper duty for a couple hours!

    Funny coincidence... the first one was 2 weeks after my second was born, and I was going to take my daughter so she got some "daddy time" doing something special so she didn't feel like the baby was getting all the attention... at least that was how I sold it to the Mrs...before the birthday party sprung up...

    Fuse

  17. #17
    Member AK145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Oh know you don't....get back up there!

  18. #18
    Member COtoAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    1,896

    Default

    I'll 4th that. Great 1st show.
    Fuse, I'd help you with your daughter while you are there, but we already went to the first show.

    AK145, you might want to consider highly advertising this one. Maybe Eielsonforsale.com board as well and maybe make a few flyers for this one. It's a busy weekend with many fairs going on for kidlets and a couple of other 'happenings' like the Run a Muck 5k.

    Maybe SW will let you distribute flyers on cars throughout the week in their parking area.
    Lurker.

  19. #19
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    I'll 4th that. Great 1st show.
    Fuse, I'd help you with your daughter while you are there, but we already went to the first show.

    AK145, you might want to consider highly advertising this one. Maybe Eielsonforsale.com board as well and maybe make a few flyers for this one. It's a busy weekend with many fairs going on for kidlets and a couple of other 'happenings' like the Run a Muck 5k.

    Maybe SW will let you distribute flyers on cars throughout the week in their parking area.



    LOL


    parking ticket duty...........
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  20. #20
    Member Fuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Pole, AK
    Posts
    179

    Default Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    I'll 4th that. Great 1st show.
    Fuse, I'd help you with your daughter while you are there, but we already went to the first show.

    AK145, you might want to consider highly advertising this one. Maybe Eielsonforsale.com board as well and maybe make a few flyers for this one. It's a busy weekend with many fairs going on for kidlets and a couple of other 'happenings' like the Run a Muck 5k.

    Maybe SW will let you distribute flyers on cars throughout the week in their parking area.
    COtoAK,
    My daughter loves this kind of stuff, but I appreciate the sentiment. She always tells me, "I want to hunt big bears with you... I like your big bear." I guess I've got the start of a future hunting buddy...

    Fuse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •