Thread: Lowrance gps...

Default Lowrance gps...

Hi all just wanted some of your opinions on lowrance h20c gps. From the searches that I have done on this forum it seems that most people like Garmin? Any reason for that? From the research and people that I have talked to in the lower 48 lowrance seems to be the one to get nowadays. Just kind of wondering what your opinions are up there. Thanks, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mjm316 View Post
    Hi all just wanted some of your opinions on lowrance h20c gps. From the searches that I have done on this forum it seems that most people like Garmin? Any reason for that? From the research and people that I have talked to in the lower 48 lowrance seems to be the one to get nowadays. Just kind of wondering what your opinions are up there. Thanks, Mike
    I love mine.
    Great battery life. Waterproof. Tough. Easy to use. Advanced and basic modes. I got a blue nav card for SE AK, and a topo card for all of Alaska. Similar size to the Garmin csx (my other choice) but with a bigger screen and easier to use. Garmin csx gets better reception, especially in thick timber and in gullies.

cons: won't get any satellites in gullies/ravines, thick timber is fairly problematic as well.

I use lithium batteries and it floats.
    Mine is a year and half old and I've got 369 miles on it, not counting miles traveled in boat or truck-- I enjoy using it.

I love my lowrance, all products. I live in MN and have the Hunt and have a 334 mounted in the truck. We do alot of hound hunting and some places are real thick. and don't have much trouble with loosing signal. The lowrance products are real easy to use comapred to the Garmin.