Thread: Flight Costs

Default Flight Costs

Hi Everyone,

I was advised by an experienced hunter that I might want to fly over the area I'm thinking of hunting just to get a good idea what the lay of the land is. Being I have never availed myself of a flight like that, I am wondering what kind of cost I should be looking at. I have no idea what is the "going" cost of a fly over of, for instance, the Little Su, area. Just a ballpark so I don't get taken would be great.

Thanks,
    Gerry

A quick search on the web will help. Here's a few I turned up.

http://www.hudsonair.com/wildlife_tours.htm

I'm sure these guys would do a custom trip.
    http://www.talkeetnaair.com/flightseeing.html
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Google Earth It

Lot cheaper to see it first on Google Earth, if that don't help then
    maybee fly it.

CapnJack

Yes, Google Earth is a great tool to study terrain with. I use it often and repeatedly to study an area.

Thumbs up another vote for google earth

I've been "scouting" the lay of the land for a few months now. Just remember to consider the time of the year the shots were taken. For instance, the hunt area I am looking over was taken at the end of July, a month before my hunt. If they had been taken in April, it might be a whole different story.

My dad used to use terraflyer or something like that on the web as well, before google earth came along...maybe they are one in the same now???