Thread: Rivers West gear sale...

Default Rivers West gear sale...

Just FYI on a good sale of Rivers West gear....

Buyer beware!

They can keep their junk!

Yeah, I know a lot of people might not like their gear.....just sharing....

Last week I picked up a pair of black Rivers West pants in my size, like new at the Salvation Army thrift store for 4 bucks! Couldn't pass em up. I can see they would be to warm for strenuous hiking but for standing around or riding the quad it seems they would be pretty nice.

Come on, is RW gear that bad? I've heard that is doesn't breathe but is 100% waterproof and also extremely durable.

If a guy can control his exhertion, has common sense, is aware about proper layering and knows when he's hot and can take a jacket off why is this such bad gear?

Is it getting a bad rap just because it doesn't breath?

Default River's Sponge, I mean West...

See the title, it says it all. I have been an owner, notice I used past tense. I was so impressed seeing the demo of water pouring over the garment day in and day out and yet it remained dry. Revolutionary! WOW! GOTTA HAVE IT!!! Then I committed the funds, wore it a few times in light/moderate rain. At first, it seemed okay, but after a few months of ownership, I began to notice the nap of the fiber would hold precipitation rather than beading off. Granted, I did stay dry, I'll give it that (provided it did not over exert myself & sweat), but on a 10 day hunt, day #1 and your #1 defense from rain is soaked! I had to hang it to dry and it was still damp and became heavy. After 7 days of this crap, I was fed up. On a sheep hunt, excess weight is a no-brainer, ditch the goods!

As to not totally bash them, I feel they tried, real hard. Maybe with the advance in fabrics, they can re-develop one with an extreme low-nap fiber that will not hold water...

Yeah, I am that guy, the guy always looking for the best of the best!
    Respect what you do not own but are privleged to enjoy, Mother Earth thanks you...

Default Newer Rivers West Gear

Have any of you tried the newer Rivers West gear, ie. the lighter weight stuff? I know their original is heavy, and the nap does absorb the rain, kinda like the Browning stuff. But what about their packable stuff?