Thread: Murphy . . . Sako peep

Default Murphy . . . Sako peep

I'm in the market for an old-style Sako [dovetail, receiver] peep sight for my newly-acquired AV 375 H&H. I see 'em for sale on ebay, but since I'm gonna be in FBK and ANC this week (10/23-10/26), I thought I might try to get one while I'm in town. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Default Sako Peep...

Forestar,

I've got one I can let go. It's about perfect condition. I'll have to figure out a price, what do you think it's worth? In any case it would be good to meet with you, put a face with a name. Drop me a note and we'll link up while you're in town.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Murphy I bought one 2 years ago from a gentleman in Canada. Cost me $100 USD shipped. Mine is NIB.

Default Checked in

Murphy:

Check your email.

Thanks

Forestar

Default While you are checking your parts supply

Hey, I thought while you are checking your parts supply, do you have any nice-condition screws that hold the ring caps together? You know the rings I have (thumb-screw style) for my 338 Handy. There are 4 screws per ring cap that clamp the scop into the rings for a total of 8.

I am not talking about the large thumb screws that hold the ring sets onto the dove tail gizmo on top of the receiver.

Please let me know.
    Thanks
    ~F

Default Thank you.

Murph:

I appreciate your help. Thanks very much.

Forestar

Default Sako Screws

Quote Originally Posted by fecampbell View Post
    Hey, I thought while you are checking your parts supply, do you have any nice-condition screws that hold the ring caps together? You know the rings I have (thumb-screw style) for my 338 Handy. There are 4 screws per ring cap that clamp the scop into the rings for a total of 8.

I am not talking about the large thumb screws that hold the ring sets onto the dove tail gizmo on top of the receiver.

Please let me know.
    Thanks
    ~F
    Frank,

I have only two of those screws. They are difficult to find, actually impossible is more like it. I'm always on the lookout for them. I would like to keep the two I have, but I'll let you know as soon as I find them.

About your mounts, have you thought about the Burris DD bases and Leupold DD rings? That's a very solid mount, low mass and slim and trim. I use them on all rifes if I don't need detachable.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?