Thread: Versatile Hunting Dogs Training in Fairbanks?

Default Versatile Hunting Dogs Training in Fairbanks?

I have a 10 month old Drahthaar and I am wondering who else in Fairbanks or nearby is training for JGHV or NAVHDA tests. Or, perhaps more importantly: pointing, retrieving, and tracking for hunting fur and feather. Maybe we could help each other out.

-TOM

Tom, IAGDA (Interior Alaska Gun Dog Association) has training every Sat. at 1:00 at the flood control. We train mostly for the retrieval of feathered creatures and when the snow leaves some members will be bringing out pigeons for upland work.

Sorry no help with teaching any hunting of furry critters.
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last Frontier,

Thanks for the heads up, we have been doing some training with the Fairbanks Retriever Club, maybe we will check out the IAGDA. Are both clubs out there at the same time?

We have been meeting at the second entrance (down by the toll booth) at 1:00 pm on Saturdays.
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tom,

Have you talked to the other Tom who is in the 2 o'clock class? Or Forrest? Tom has a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon about the same age as Felix. Also know of a couple other people with large Munsterlanders.

Karen Wilson

Karen,

I spoke with Forrest and briefly met Tom. I also know two folks with older dogs. Any other interested folks it would be great to meet them.

-TOM