Thread: Herring and shrimp Valdez

Default Herring and shrimp Valdez

Wondering about two things. One, can anyone tell me if herring are in near the ferry docks, and small boat harbor yet? And two, hows the shrimping going?

Default Shrimp/Herring

Have not heard of anyone fishing for herring yet. Winter kings yes and shrimp season doesn't open until April 15th. I HOPE nobody is doing well with shrimp yet

Default Oh yeah

Oh yeah, I am going the first week of May and am just getting excited. Got a little ahead of myself on the shrimp question. Someone let me know after the weekend please

Cool first shrimp pull

Set my 5 pots out opening morning did a 7 hour set in 310 ft. Pulled out 128 mostly large spots but did have a few coon strips and a few pinks. Generally i do a 24 hour set but i was in the mood for freshessss

Quote Originally Posted by moosehunter61 View Post
    set my 5 pots out opening morning did a 7 hour set in 310 ft. Pulled out 128 mostly large spots but did have a few coon strips and a few pinks. Generally i do a 24 hour set but i was in the mood for freshessss
    i check my pots again after my 24 hour soak ended up with 198 still bout the same on the spots vs. Pinks/coon strips