Thread: Lowa Hunter Extreme GTXs $179!!!

Default Lowa Hunter Extreme GTXs $179!!!

Sierra Trading Post is currently having a 25% off footwear sale right now. If you sign up for their deal flyer.

This is the first time I have ever seen the Lowa Hunter Extremes on this site. But you can get them for $179 + shipping if you can get the 25% off discount!!! Smoking deal. I would order myself an extra pair at this price but of course my size (10s) is the only size that is sold out. They have just about everyother size still

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...d-For-Men.html

Even at $239 its a smoking deal, but even better with 25% off!!!

Darn.......they're out of 10.5's. That's got to be the most logical looking hunting boots that I've seen in a long time, logical because I don't see the color red, pink, purple, yellow, orange and all the other weird colors you would normally see in a pair mountaineering boots.

Seen that too but they didnt have my size either. Went to frontier outfitters yesterday and bought some lowa tibet gtx. all boots were 20% off and lots of other good gear discounted.

Default Tibets!

I don't think you could go wrong with either boot. If you like shorter and a little lighter boot the Tibet would work great. If you like more support in a taller boot the Hunter would work great. I kind of like the freedom of more range of motion and the lighter boot so went with the Tibets! I am looking forward to trying them out in the field!

Default lowa boots

I have been told you need to buy this boot 1/2 size bigger true or false?
    thanks for the info

True............

Lowa Tibet or Hunter Extreme?

Did you try the boots out yet? I am looking to buying a pair also. Have been through 3 pairs of Cabela's Meindl boots in the last 2 seasons and none of them have held up well. I am looking for a long term - all around great boot.

I didnt buy .5 size bigger but I did need the wide. FYI. Perfect

I missed it, that sucks. I need new Tibets.

Default Lowa Sizes

I bought 1 pair of Lowas 1/2 size larger and the other 1 full size larger. The 1/2 size felt a little snug when I first put it on but once I wore it around feels about right. The full size larger pair fits about right with a heavier pair of socks. I can vary how I cinch both of them down so both pairs seem to work well. I would probably go out on a limb and say....get 1/2 size larger and they ought to fit well?

You may want to think about how heavy of socks you intend on wearing to help make your decision? Even w/1/2 size larger I am fairly tight w/a thick pair of socks.

By the look of the Lowas I have a feeling they may outlast your Meindls? I imagine it depends on how tough you are on them and what you use them for? They definitely look like they are made well. Hopefully they will hold up to the test of time! I'm not sure but I think Lowa's have a pretty good factory guarantee?

Default size and quality

Quote Originally Posted by jimss View Post
    I bought 1 pair of Lowas 1/2 size larger and the other 1 full size larger. The 1/2 size felt a little snug when I first put it on but once I wore it around feels about right. The full size larger pair fits about right with a heavier pair of socks. I can vary how I cinch both of them down so both pairs seem to work well. I would probably go out on a limb and say....get 1/2 size larger and they ought to fit well?

You may want to think about how heavy of socks you intend on wearing to help make your decision? Even w/1/2 size larger I am fairly tight w/a thick pair of socks.

By the look of the Lowas I have a feeling they may outlast your Meindls? I imagine it depends on how tough you are on them and what you use them for? They definitely look like they are made well. Hopefully they will hold up to the test of time! I'm not sure but I think Lowa's have a pretty good factory guarantee?
    I think this is a fairly accurate description when it comes to size and quality. I've already got more miles on my Lowas than my Meindles and the Lowas don't show it, the Meidles do. And the Lowas are a LOT more comfortable! For the size battle, 1 size over was too wide and .5 size over is good in width, but I could stand them to be a touch longer; if I'm humping a heavy load, my toes will bump going downhill....probably means I should be side-hilling instead of bottom-bouncing

I needed a wider size for the Lowa Hunters, where I am normally a regular width in other boots. As far as length, I needed an extra 1/2 size. Keep in mind that these boots wont "break-in" like some of your other boots will so if they are a little tight new, they will still be that tight after you put several hundred miles on them. I needed to get mine stretched wider as well.

Lowa Sheep Hunter boots are awesome. I have been wearing mine for 3 seasons now and they look/feel fine. I went through alot of other name brand boots before buying the Lowa's and I will buy more when the time comes to replace mine.

I tried it, you only can get 10% off the regular order.

Used this code alaapril9 and got 15% off though, was $225 w/ shipping, still heck of a deal.

Yeah Meindl are great but I would also consider Hanwag and Haix.

I have a pair of Hanwag Trapper boots, they are really nice.

Default Lowa

I've got some miles on my Lowa Sheephunter's which are about the exact same and they are GREAT boots, I like them better than the Meindl's.