Thread: Ski-Doo Tundra LT

Default Ski-Doo Tundra LT

Just looking at the 2010 specs and couldn't find any that showed it with the four stroke. Did they do away with it? Or did I just miss it?
    “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” attributed to Thomas Jefferson

My understanding is no V-800 and "NO" trailing-Arm, they went back to the Pogo stick front shock. My guess is retail market niche. I would like to see a flatlander Tundra LT with a 300'ish engine.

Default Lots of info here...

No 4 stroke, as far as I know. They saved the V800 for the bigger chassis I think.

Lots of info here:

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showforum=30

http://www.akmining.com/snow/skidoo08.htm

Look like the 4 stroke is in the SWT only.

Thanks for the replies people, I guess I didn't miss it. So was the trailing arm a good thing?
    “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by GreginAlaska View Post
    Thanks for the replies people, I guess I didn't miss it. So was the trailing arm a good thing?

Pogo sticks are a nightmare on washboard trails. Trailing arm is a smother ride, but much more expensive to build, and somewhat more fragile. Ski-doo has way to many rides in the $6,400.00 to $10,800.00 price range. To build brand loyalty they need an entry level ride, which is basic, reliable and cheap. I think they should make a run of the old Tundra II, just tool up and make them once every three years. Sell them new for $2,449.00

The new tundra line up is also missing the lightweight 300. Not at all that wild about the 2010's and even happier with my 2009. The 300 also fit well into hopeak's starter sled category, and we are in complete agreement about the pogo sticks.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

I was afraid of that. Oh well, when I finally do get around to buying some, have to build a house first, maybe I'll be looking for a good used one.