Thread: Baiting near Livengood

Default Baiting near Livengood

Anyone done any baiting up near Livengood? I went out today scouting some, but not too sure if my 4-wheeler is going to be the best bet. Anyone have any tips on trails, etc...? I used to use my Jon boat to bait. but dont own another one, yet. So I am stuck using the road system.

Thanks!

AKShawn

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Livengood is never busy except DURING bait season... and there north if there is a pull out next month it will have a truck or three in it.. all the way to well north of the Hotspot other side of the river. same with south on the parks... to nenana.. not so sure about the steece any more. but dang that is some steep sides out there.. sorry
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Livengood is never busy except DURING bait season... and there north if there is a pull out next month it will have a truck or three in it.. all the way to well north of the Hotspot other side of the river. same with south on the parks... to nenana.. not so sure about the steece any more. but dang that is some steep sides out there.. sorry
    Well said...head up there in 3 weeks on a weekend and see how many trucks you spot between FBKS and Livengood. Not to say there are not still some good areas...you just might just have to think outside the box a bit and carve your own trail to a good spot...away from the main pull outs and beat down trails.

You wont find an ATV trail within 50 miles of Livengood that doesn't already have several established bear baits from years past. And just cuz you dont see anybody parked there in April doesn't mean they wont be there in May. Most guys that bait up there dont get hit till the 2nd or 3rd week in May at the earliest , so they wont stock the baits they have had up there for years, til May. You picked an area that is just about the right driving distance from Fairbanks for guys to bait, and its crowded from the junction to Manley as well as north towards the Yukon. You will have company, and a heads up....the folks that live in the Livengood area aint the friendliest!

last year we found two spots where ppl where stashing barrels and 5 gallon buckets of grease right off the road and this was weeks before opener.So even ppl set bait sites up no where near trails for that matter and haul all there junk down to the site.And with that in mind like others have said, drive and search the areas, and you might have to do like these fellas and establish one away from established trails etc... good luck to you.

And don't do like alot of people and set a bait up right on top of somebody else. If I can hear you talking in your stand while I'm in mine your to **** close and I'm tired of hearing from people that do that saying "Man I Just Want To Kill One Bear and I'll Leave". Respect others that already have stands in the area. Baiting has got out of control heading toward Livengood.

Quote Originally Posted by 450HUNTER View Post
    And don't do like alot of people and set a bait up right on top of somebody else. If I can hear you talking in your stand while I'm in mine your to **** close and I'm tired of hearing from people that do that saying "Man I Just Want To Kill One Bear and I'll Leave". Respect others that already have stands in the area. Baiting has got out of control heading toward Livengood.
    My neighbor had a few fellas cut a shooting lane off his bait last year and he went and talked to them and then left. Came back the next day and all his stuff and trail cam where stolen.I'd say thats down right wrong, let alone hunt off someone elses bait site, jeez.