Thread: Combo Charter

Question Combo Charter

Help!
    I want to take one of my boys on a combo charter this summer. What I mean is that I want to catch Salmon, Halibut, Yellow eye and all the other bottom fish out there on the same trip. Where should I go out of, who do you reccomend for the trip, and what time of year should I book?

Default Multiple Trips

Your going to want some where the running to fishing grounds are short so it leaves more time for fishing. You are going to want to book more than one day, it's pretty tough to get all that done in a day, no matter were you go. When you do find an area, be realistic on bag limits!

Come on down to Seward if you want a good combo trip. Typically 15-25lb halibut, salmon, rockfish all in a day. Leave 6:10am and return 5:30 pm. Check out these web sites: www.fishwithhill.com, Crackerjacksportfishing, Profishnsea...SaltwaterSafaris. Try to get something July to Aug 15 for prime time. Multi species are very doable and that is all I do. I like to go catch fish... call it a chicken hole or whatever you want, catching is catching and fishing is well just that...fishing.

I would have to disagree with a short run for more fishing... I like to go further and CATCH fish faster. It is my benefit to fish closer because it is less fuel, but much more stressful trying to scratch out multiple species and staying out till dark... It also depends how many fisherman are on board...more people and you need more fish... less customers on board and stay closer because you need less fish...

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default Kodiak Combos

Leave anchorage at 6am via era, catch an Island air flt to Old Harbor at 930am then we head out for a 30 minute boat ride to the fishing grounds and catch ling cod, rockfish (blacks&yelloweye), halibut and then hit the king salmon/silver spots on the way in to catch your flights back to anchorage. $2176 total RT for 2 on July the 11th 2009.
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcombo View Post
    Leave anchorage at 6am via era, catch an Island air flt to Old Harbor at 930am then we head out for a 30 minute boat ride to the fishing grounds and catch ling cod, rockfish (blacks&yelloweye), halibut and then hit the king salmon/silver spots on the way in to catch your flights back to anchorage. $2176 total RT for 2 on July the 11th 2009.
    Dang....you have that schedule/price down to the dollar....nice!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Default Tall Tale

Tall Tale Charters, Boo Kandas. Boo runs a brand new boat out of Homer and is good at what he does. 262-1961

We have spots open also.......
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

I used to do that sort of trip all the time out of Sitka or Elfin Cove. August is prime time for 60# butts, 20# yelloweye and 10-15# coho all day long...

The real problem around here will be finding a charter that knows what they're doing this year... a full 2/3 of the charter fleet is quitting or being run out of business this year, so your best odds may well be on the larger puke boats based in South-Central.

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thumbs up how about...

I have fished with ProFishin-Sea and my daughter and son-in-law send clients to them and Crackerjack. Both of these guys and there other Captains know their stuff. We came back with silvers, yellow eye, lings and halibut and had fun doing it. So if your in Seward consider them.

You want everything and not spend all day running around? come fish a charter out of Craig, especially from mid July to mid August. My typical day is to spend the mornings fishing for kings and silvers then move a few miles offshore and fish bottomfish. As long as the weather lets you get outside a limit of kings, silvers, butts, lings and reds as well as other various rockfish isn't uncommon. Some of my favorite bottom spots are within a 15-20 minute run of excellent salmon spots.