Thread: how can I get powder and primers to the bush?

Default how can I get powder and primers to the bush?

I have been living in fairbanks, but am moving back up north. How can I get powder and primers up to Kotzebue? I know Lynden, Everts, and NAC flies up there, so what do I have to do to get them up there? I am not too worried about the cost of shipping, that is what I get for living up there. Several boxes of triple 7 pellets and 209 primers.

Not to sound smart but you might want to call those cargo companies and ask them. Im sure they will do it. They fly hazmat in and out of those places all the time Im sure.

I did contact everts, they told me it had to be packaged in a 4G box, along with the paperwork filled out for hazmat. I thought the packaging was supposed to be done by someone licensed to handle it? I am new to muzzleloading, as well as hazmat shipping. Just need some insight. I did a search on here of how other members got the powder forwarded from Seattle, but this is for an instate shipment.

Cableas and just get mailed right to your village thur the us mail.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskan9974 View Post
    I did contact everts, they told me it had to be packaged in a 4G box, along with the paperwork filled out for hazmat. I thought the packaging was supposed to be done by someone licensed to handle it? I am new to muzzleloading, as well as hazmat shipping. Just need some insight. I did a search on here of how other members got the powder forwarded from Seattle, but this is for an instate shipment.

I called cabelas and cheaper than dirt, and neither can ship to alaska. J&G Guns however has no problem shipping small arms ammunition via UPS up here to Alaska.

I spoke with several gun shops in Anchorage earlier, and TGI Freight does pickup, and all the paperwork and packaging necessary to get any hazardous materials shipped anywhere in the state. So in other words I would pay for the stuff at the gun store, then TGI would come pick it up from them, do the paperwork, and get it on a plane to me.

Thanks for your responses guys.

Cablea will ship to alaska and also alot of the time it free shipping..I know for a fact they do i order from them allthe time.....

I called cabelas and cheaper than dirt, and neither can ship to alaska. J&G Guns however has no problem shipping small arms ammunition via UPS up here to Alaska.

I spoke with several gun shops in Anchorage earlier, and TGI Freight does pickup, and all the paperwork and packaging necessary to get any hazardous materials shipped anywhere in the state. So in other words I would pay for the stuff at the gun store, then TGI would come pick it up from them, do the paperwork, and get it on a plane to me.

Thanks for your responses guys.

To the cities, yes. They can't ship powder to me.

we'll that sucks next tine into town stock up sorry i didn't realize they wouldn't send things to the bush..

To the cities, yes. They can't ship powder to me.

What about placing a "Bush order form Sportsmans Warehouse? They advertize bush orders welcome. Just a thought

Alaskan100

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Cablea will ship to alaska and also alot of the time it free shipping..I know for a fact they do i order from them allthe time.....

Since when does Cabelas ship ammo, primers and powder to Alaska? I have asked several times and habve been told they can not ship up here.

I live in Soldotna and Cabela's told me they will not ship ammo or powder.