Thread: Northfolk bullets???

Default Northfolk bullets???

Anyone have any personal knowledge on the performance of the North Folk bullets?

Yes, I do. They are very accurate bullets. On game I have to take the word of a few friends of mine and they say it preforms as good on game as the Swift A-Frame and Nosler Partition. The only problem I have with them is their cost. Now they truly are a unique design and I got faster velocities out of them than with the A-Frame (which for me always preforms a little under the standard velocity for cal. ) and the Nosler Partition. The cost prohibits me from really getting into testing them not only at the range but in the field. Time and money at this point but I did like the little I did play with them.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

You are right, they are expensive. They are made by CNC machines, a time expensive process. I have heard from other bullet makers that they do stick together with their bonding process, under the most severe circumstances. When I am depending on keeping my pretty, and soft as a baby's B-- skin puncture free, this is important! I have not tried them yet, but I will! Once I see where they print, then I will just carry them, not shoot old tin cans with them! This is why I would use the same weight bullets for practice and carry ... if possible.

I always reload and practice with the EXACT SAME bullets that I am going to hunt with. There is just too much potential difference between internal and external ballistics for different bullets for me to do otherwise. In addition, when comparing the cost of bullets to the cost of an expensive hunting trip or the opportunity of a trophy of a life time the expense is inconsequently from my perspective and in my experience. This of course is my personal opinion and no doubt others have a different take for their particular hunting situations.

I am using the rifle for Protection only! This means up close and personal, so a little difference in ballistics between bullet styles is irrelevant. The cost of practice ammo limits the practice, thus the skill set. It is better to practice with less cost, to keep the numbers up for a high skill level. This is beyond contestation...