Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need AIRMILES to help 8 soldiers please...

Talking I need AIRMILES to help 8 soldiers please...

I have posted to get 8 soldiers from POINT "A" to Sitka, AK. I need your help to get these soldiers there. We recently had an airline back out at the last minute for a donation of flights for some soldiers. I am just glad that I had not told the soldiers quite yet they were going to Alaska. I cannot complain because it was a donation. Moving on...

If you have an abundance of AIRMILES and would like to donate them to one of these soldiers please let me know. As I get these soldiers to contact me I will put them in contact with you so that the flight can arranged. Once the flight is arranged I will contact this place www.alaskafish.com and let them know that the soldier is coming.

We need the flight to arrive in Sitka on May 14 and Depart on May 18.

Shoot me an email for any questions please. mike@takeasoldierfishing.com

Thank you.
    Mike

All the slots are full right now with 8 soldiers.

Now looking for AIRMILES to cover from Fairbanks & Anchorage to Sitka and back. If you can only cover for one leg of the flight then maybe someone else can cover the other leg back. Team work and taking care of these guys is what it is all about. I know 6 of the 8 are Wounded Warriors and could use some quality time away from the daily grind. So far at least 5 are coming from Anchorage, 2 from Fairbanks.

Thanks Mike

Thank you very much Jerry for your generous donation. You are awesome! Talk to you tomorrow!

UPDATE

I want to thank Jerry Schultz and family for their generous donation of 3 roundtrip tickets for soldiers.

I will be posting the info on here shortly for the rest of the soldiers that will need flights.

I need to make a correction to the website it is www.alaskafisher.com and it is Mike and Linda that are putting this together. They have been doing this for a number of years and do not advertise about it. They try and go directly to the bases and get the soldiers. Just would like to shed some light on their project as well. Great people and next fall thay will be working with us to provide hunting trips for the handicapped soldiers on a 30,000 acre ranch here in Texas. Great people as are you that take the time to read these. Please do not think that there is nothing that you can do or something is out of reach to help these soldiers. No matter how small it is or how big we can help you get it to soldiers in some way. Just give us a shout and we will figure out a way. Thanks Mike

Default No abundance here

But willing to give you what I have. How do I help?
    Life is tough........it's alot tougher if you're stupid.

You can help to see if you have enough miles to do one leg of the trip. If this is the case then we can plan with someone else that may only have enough for one leg that wishes to help as well. We are going to get these guys there.

Thank you for offer.

Default Miles

I have 15000 miles. I need to find out what the wife has and it should cover a leg at least combined. Give me time to check it out and I'll get back to you.

No need for thanks, we can't thank them enough.

Default Monday

I'll have to wait till Monday to access my wifes account. I'm sure we have enough to cover a leg if not a round trip.

Put me in for one round trip.
    I'll PM my contact info.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

#1 (awaiting info) Fairbanks
    #2 SSG Nick Carney -Fairbanks
    #3 SSG David Mondok - Anchorage TRIP BOOKED
    #4 SPC Brian Tiefenbrun - Anchorage TRIP BOOKED
    #5 SSG Joseph Renteria - Anchorage TRIP BOOKED
    #6 (awaiting info) Anchorage
    #7 (awaiting info) Anchorage
    #8 (awaiting info) Anchorage

Default We'll get them up here

Come on guys, pony up.

I just got off the phone with 3 very grateful soldiers and sent them their itinerary.

Just a little learning experiences to pass along to help someone else...

All you need is the name of the person that you are planning the flight for and the start and end point and you can book the flight.

If you have Delta SkyMiles and wish to book a flight on Alaska Airlines this can be done but you will need some patience. You have to call Delta and tell them that you want to book a flight on Alaska -- 4 countries and 6 people later -- the end result is 3 tickets from Anchorage to Sitka and back. It will also cost you 25,000 SkyMiles per flight and $50 each. Jerry asked me to pass this along to make sure that someone else is aware of it.

I do not know of any other airlines that are compatible like that but I am sure they all are in some way probably just have to call.

I just want to thank everyone that is trying to do something for these guys. You are awesome.
    Mike

Bullbuster - email sent and thank you.

Nibenza - Go get em!

I am still waiting for real names of some of the soldiers but because of the Easter Holiday I am sure they are enjoying the holiday with family and friends.

#1 Morgan Cabaniss, Technical Sergeant Anchorage
    #2 SSG Nick Carney -Fairbanks

Thumbs up appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by fisterfam View Post
    ...I just want to thank everyone that is trying to do something for these guys. You are awesome.
    Mike
    I can feel your appreciation of others right now Mike, but I think its really flowing all directions right now, not just one. You and your crew there have been slugging away at this for years now and you're not just talking about it - you're making it happen.

I think its pretty safe to say that there is never a position/opinion of substance and importance posted on this forum that wasn't vehemently opposed by someone(s) - I mean that someone here has an opposite view of everything.

Myself I think one can be either for or against some forum post, particular government position or action, or even a war to take it to extreme - and still be a good American - and some number of people here will be for or against everything. Good, I think. And better yet that we all have the freedom to voice that opinion.

But I'm willing to bet that not a one of the readers here are against your mission Mike. You're now arranging to send those soldiers to the guided fishing trip of a lifetime in Sitka next month. After that, you'll put the next gig together for more guys that not only deserve it, but need it. And so on.

Sure, we'd all like a trip like that too. But I can't help firmly believing the aspect of this that the very thing that makes us all want to fish is a thing that soldiers and vets need more than others due to doing and having done what a soldier does. That it could help every person with postwar conditions emotionally and even physically seems like a no brainer. That we as Americans owe it to them after serving this country? Of course. I think even those that are against our current war efforts are for the very best possible for those individuals that serve.

Obviously Mike and Linda (I don't know them) of L & M Charters & Lodge in Sitka Alaska believe in Mike's (fisterfam) mission, because they donated a number of these wonderful guided fishing trips to these soldiers - not to me. That's OK, I agree with them.

It might be risky to offer unsolicited advice here sometimes, but I'd recommend that readers here that do support Mike's (fisterfam) mission here and are not in a position to provide any cash, airline miles, land access, guiding, lodging, or something to Mike's effort instead take the free and quick action of signing up for Linda and Mike's newsletter from their charter & lodge biz in Sitka, just to keep in touch with what they're doing. Obviously, they're doing good.

Thanks for all you have done and continue to do Mike.

I don't have any air miles, or a lot of cash, but would like to help cover somebody's expenses. Is there an address for contributions.

Also posted a link on a Michigan Sportsman's website. Lots of good guys there that may also be able to help with this.

Thanks

Mark

Thank you for the kind words FamilyMan. This is my therapy and it keeps my mind busy. I wasn't expecting to collect donations because these soldiers will not have any personal expenses related to this trip.

If you would like to contribute to our cause and see more and more trips like this then please do. This and all the programs that we have are run by my wife and I out of our home in our spare time. I am Active Duty Army myself and I work with all the wounded soldiers here on Ft Hood. Any help that you would like to contribute would help out tremendously. We love what we do and I know personally how the outdoors affect these soldiers and families that is why we created our non profit. Thank you once again.

Combat Warrior Crisis Network, Inc.
    3450 FM 1829
    Gatesville, Texas 76528

PayPal link and info can be found on our website at www.combatwarriorcrisisnetwork.org under the donate link.

Thank you once again Mike and Dena Nashif

Happy Easter everyone! Here is the update for today so far.

#1 Morgan Cabaniss, Technical Sergeant Anchorage (Pending)
    #2 SSG Nick Carney -Fairbanks (Pending)

Happy Easter everyone! Here is the update for today so far.

#1 Morgan Cabaniss, Technical Sergeant Anchorage TRIP BOOKED
    #2 SSG Nick Carney -Fairbanks (Pending)

Thank you very much to Ken Jesiel and family for their generous donation. Ken told me that he booked the window seats for the mountainous side of the trip for both ways. This should get this soldier pumped up for the weekend. The personal touches are what make the differences here folks. We can feel the appreciation and the love that is put into something like this and at times it can be overwhelming. May seem like we do not want it but most of the time it is because we feel as though we are undeserving of it for doing our jobs. Thank you.

Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast