Thread: PWS Guide

Default PWS Guide

I remember seeing mention of a book that everyone thought was a must for the Prince William Sound area but I am having trouble remembering what the title was so I can get it. Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Will

Cruising guide to Prince William Sound by Jim and Nancy Lethcoe. Currently out of print, but should be available this summer. There have been 3 editions so far (have all three). They also wrote The History of PWS, Glaciers of PWS, and Geology of PWS.

Default So

This is what happens when you wait. out of print, I will have to wait then I guess. Thanks for the information. And if someone knows where a copy might be ???
    Thanks
    Will

I called around looking and was unable to find a copy. I called Nancy Lethcoe and talked to her. She said that the new copy with updates that include 50 new anchorages should be back from the printer by Jun 15th. She said to contact her at pwsbooks@cvinternet.net and she will put you on the list to be contacted when it comes out. I might order an updated copy as well. Great reference to have on board in case you need to find a spot to hide from the weather in a hurry.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Default Thanks

Thanks Steve,
    I fired off an email and asked to be added to the list. I look forward to getting one.
    Will

Lightbulb If you really need it

I ran across this book at the Wasilla public library a few weeks ago. So if you can't get your hands on it to keep, you can still read what you need to know. Give your public library a call. Chances are that it can be found in more places than Wasilla.

Give Titlewave books a call in Anchorage. They usually have both new and used copies on the shelf.

Default Thanks, everyone...

I've been looking for that book too. I have their book "history of Prince William Sound" and it is really a fascinating, well written read. I bought mine 4-5 years ago, but I still see it on bookshelves, so I think it is available.

Tidal Wave is supposed to have the latest edition in stock this weekend at $65 a copy - I was on the list and they called me. Merely passing this info along...

Default not so soon

Nancy Lethcoe informed me today 6/18 that the new cruising guide book shipment will not arrive in Anchorage until July 7.