Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is a bull moose like a sexy Woman?

Default Is a bull moose like a sexy Woman?

I know several hunters who are really good when it comes to bears, caribou, or sheep and canít get a moose. When they go moose hunting they act like all the blood drained from there brain and they do things they would never do if they were hunting bears or sheep.

Is there another reason that would explain why some hunters canít get a moose?

Gotta think like one, hunt where one would live. Some folks stumble on a great productive area, others don't. I know a guy who hunted 8 years and never saw a moose, starting hunting more serious on the Yukon and took 4 nice bulls in a row, 58, 62, 55 and out of Nenana a 64.

Theres guys that pack there gear and go out and call it hunting, and there's guys that pack there gear and HUNT.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Talking

Is a bull moose like a sexy Woman?

Yes. They always play hard to get.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Don't know if a bull moose is like a sexy woman, but I've sure seen enough women who look like a bull moose.

there are probably a variety of reasons..........however, sheep and caribou inhabit open country where visibility/locating is not the toughest part. bear and caribou are animals that move a lot throughout the day which also lends itself to visibility/locating. with all three of these species patience, glassing, and then spot/stalk/intercept is the name of the game. moose are not herd animals like sheep and caribou, and do not cover vast amounts of terrain like caribou and bears. when you hunt moose you are often hunting a single animal in dense cover that does not move as much so calling and still hunting are often the methods used. it is typically a different type of hunt often in different type of terrain that requires a different mindset and skillset. this does not account for all the reasons certainly, but is a contributing factor. just a thought.

To me it is completely opposite. Most people can harvest a moose. Not to many places you can drive your boat, truck, or ATV up to a sheep or goat. Not to mention when they are all rutted up you could be sitting on a 4 wheeler smoking a cigarette, talking loudy to your buddy, & call the thing in from a mile out. Moose is a fill the freezer type of critter & I expect residents hunt moose more than any other big game animial in the state.

As for caribou & bear I would agree with the above. I am guessing they just might be trying to hard to fill the tag on a smart old swamp donkey?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

hmmm moose like a women lets break this down....

week one of season.

the bulls taken are like the HOT blonde's that swarm to the rich guys with nice cars... n other words... the hunter that KNOWS his calling is good and can get them in... or got lucky and found the easy ones that have yet to loose their looks

week 2 of season...

is when the real work is the blonds and brunettes are competing for position with the herd... there are so many john to pick from ...who sounds the best?

week three of season...

most of the hotties are gone... bar a few nice cougars who let the youngsters thin the heard knowing the Experienced gent is yet to show.... fashionably late...but the Rut is kicking in them all...

week four...

end of season... all thats left is the desperate lonely spinsters that are so in rut they rush out to the waiting arms of who ever will grab them...

and the one old cougar that walks slowly back up the hill... been divorced to many times to worry about another group of guys coming in...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Don't know if a bull moose is like a sexy woman, but I've sure seen enough women who look like a bull moose.
    Agree 100% LOL

Default sexy??

Now that was funny Vince! I would have to agree with ya on that though, all the good ones are taken.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Default I don't htink so

I would say they are both horny, but I haven't found that to be the case with all sexy women!

For what it's worth, I'm one of those unskilled/unlucky moose hunters. I have had much better success with sheep and caribou than I have with moose. That being said, I have spent lots of time in the mountains observing sheep, studying their behavior, and hunting them hard. I have not given the same effort to moose, as their habitat just doesn't draw me as much in the off-season.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

So this Blond moose walks into a store....

sir? i want to buy this Tv...

Sorry we don't sell to Blond Moose...

the Moose trots back out to the brush and rubs dirt all over his antlers... and makes them brown..

strolls back in....

Sir? i want to buy this TV so i can watch what the favorite hunters are doing...

Sorry we don't sell to Blond Moose, I told you that....

the Moose is Dumb founded.....

Sir? how did you know i was a blond Moose.. I colored my antlers...

because says the store owner...

That, is a Microwave...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Vince you left out the perfume the girls strut and the musk the bulls tainted themselfs with

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    Vince you left out the perfume the girls strut and the musk the bulls tainted themselfs with

well Rock... figure week four is like 2 am in the morning... all the perfume is washed off, the eyeliner is running, and they are so drunk they can no longer stand straight... staggering back and forth,,, daring anything to take it on....

meet on face book here

Why bother with Moose when theres Caribou around??

Black bears, Muskox and Caribou have to be very short in order for me to have to hunt a Moose. They are Everywhere along the river, very few people I know hunt them.Sometimes they are in the way.
    I was sawing away along the river bank, at some dry trees for home heat, a couple days ago when I shut off the saw and turned around to a big sniffer about 10-20 feet away, and closing. I sidestepped behind a well placed tree and thought about restarting my saw, but he bolted off at a trot across the river. Pissed me off. I just hadnt a clue he was up my backside so close.

Anywoman that could sneak up that close would have to deal with my wife.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Thumbs up

Of all the critters I have taken and seen take, a Lovesick Bull Moose is hands down the easiest to kill.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default More Chow...

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Why bother with Moose when theres Caribou around??

Black bears, Muskox and Caribou have to be very short in order for me to have to hunt a Moose. They are Everywhere along the river, very few people I know hunt them.Sometimes they are in the way.
    hey stranger,

i can give you one reason (for me anyway) to hunt moose when there's caribou around - from a non-res point of view, one moose gives me a lot more backstrap and sausage than one caribou! I love to hunt caribou too, but a legal moose for a non-res gives me a lot of good meat.

I know you live remotely and have good access to both - so totally understand your caribou preference, one of my sisters in Anchorage also likes caribou more than moose. I like both a lot, don't really have a preference.

Talking Idea

How a boot...all girls in camo hunting sexy bull moose episodeCould be a two-parter series. Actually, could be a whole series. Hmmmm...
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

The GABC normally features a few days of camo clad gals during moose season
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Tdelarm, that could be a "mini-series"

Sure would make Moose Hunting interesting
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast