Thread: Possible upgrades for 88 tundra

Default Possible upgrades for 88 tundra

As most of you know I have a 1988 Tundra that I love dearly. However it's a bear on my back. The other day I was riding up in hatchers when I saw the identical sled with 2 major exceptions, first it had 1.5 inch paddles on the track and second it sat way up like a more modern sled. Is there a major readjustment I could do or do you think they retro fitted the sled with a new suspension system? Different shock maybe?
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    As most of you know I have a 1988 Tundra that I love dearly. However it's a bear on my back. The other day I was riding up in hatchers when I saw the identical sled with 2 major exceptions, first it had 1.5 inch paddles on the track and second it sat way up like a more modern sled. Is there a major readjustment I could do or do you think they retro fitted the sled with a new suspension system? Different shock maybe?
    I have a couple friends that have made skid modifications to various sleds over the year. I haven't done it (yet) but from looking at the rail designs and talking to people it seems like swapping in a more advanced suspension system would not be too awfully hard. I have been kicking around doing something like that on my wife's 96 cougar, but it is more likely that I will leave it alone and buy her a newer F6.

Thanks LuJon

I've been looking it over when I have a free moment and it looks like retro fitting a new suspension wouldn't be very difficult. Also thinking I might be better off getting a newer sled for myself.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.