Thread: Nancy Lake ice fishing for pike

Default Nancy Lake ice fishing for pike

We're thinkning about heading to Nancy Lake this weekend to try ice fishing for pike.

Anybody been there lately? How's thick is the ice? How's the fishing?
    "My rod and my reel, they comfort me."

Default Pike

Never fished on that lake before in the winter.. I did fish Memory lake this past weekend and caught lots of rainbows and 2 small pike. I would like to target a lake that has some real big ones also... just not sure which ones to go yet.

Nancy is hit and miss. There are some lunkers in there though...
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Was up there this weekend I fished to the right of the boat launch and had nothing for 2 hours and didn't see the group to the left get anything either. The ice was thick I was able to get through with my hand auger for all my holes without an extension it was close though.

jake

Default How deep

I was thinking of trying Nancy lake this weekend or going back to memory lake.. The kids caught fish wiht no complaints.. I had acouple poles with shrimp.. (caught nothing), a couple with nightcrawlers (all the fish) and 2 with herring for the pike.. The 2 pike we caught were on nightcrawlers fishing in 18' of water but unly 12-18" below the ice...

Default Memory memories

That sounds like a fun day for you and the kids. I hadn't thought of trying Memory Lake...that's even closer to home too.
    "My rod and my reel, they comfort me."

I was logging in Pike at the Wasilla Sportsmans Warehouse for the matsu pike tournament last year. I was all smiles cuz it looked like I was in a solid third place with a couple of big pike. But........this guy kept logging in pike from Trapper Lake and it went kinda like this: Sat, 32in. 33in.,31in. Sun. 30in. ........and on and on. Your best bet would be to go a little further north of Nacy and hit up Trapper. Don't do Redshirt, the pike fishing there is wicked slow.

Just saw that Nancy Lake is closed to snowmachines. Snow has been melting, not enough depth and what is there is rotten. Also, said overflow and runoff on the lakes made traveling dangerous. Saw it in the ADN.

It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/