Thread: my new single pin sight

Thumbs up my new single pin sight

OK there is a new sight company its www.accu-point.com the web sight is new there is not much to it yet. but i got the sight and its sweet my groups have shrunk from 3 to 1.5 inches at 20 yards i talked to the owner and he explained the design and the features. he said he will give 10 pepole on this fourm 90 bucks off msrp.to get his product some word of mouth.

Default Light

I see a light on the site in two different views. If it does have a light it would be illegal in Alaska to use.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

The fiber optic doesn't look very well protected when viewed from side angle pics.

Default removable

the light looks to be removable, but the fiber would not last long while fighting brush to get above tree line.

Default No light dave

it doesnt have a light. i think its just for pictures as far as a protected pin its inside the scope tube and the fiber wraped around the scope is flush with the outside diameter of the scope i doubt you would break it the sight is very well made. its nice that it has 30 inches of fiber and it glows until its almost dark outside. plus its fully CNC machined in the USA another thing thats cool is that the tape pointer and the sight pin are locked solid together with no slop between the tape pointer and the pin all other singel pin sights have some slop in the design,

Default accu point

I assume you have to adjust the yardage on the side with the scale??? Should be OK at the range, or am I missing something? I do like the fiber optic length as it will gather alot of light. Thanks, Mark

Default very smooth slider

Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    I assume you have to adjust the yardage on the side with the scale??? Should be OK at the range, or am I missing something? I do like the fiber optic length as it will gather alot of light. Thanks, Mark
    yes you do adjust it with the scale. with a properly built scale its way more acurate than anybody could set pins. its acurate to 3/8 of an inch at all yardages look up www.archersadvantage.com its smooth sliding the bearing surfaces are black delirin. I can make acurate yardage changes in less than 2 seconds. its like having a 130 pin sight with a pin for every yard.

That looks like sort of like a sight master. Sight master's is easier to adjust.

Default adjustment

I think you guys are missing something, there is a large knob on the opposite side from the scale which adjusts the yardage quickly.

Default youre right

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_in_AK View Post
    I think you guys are missing something, there is a large knob on the opposite side from the scale which adjusts the yardage quickly.
    the knob is to lock the sight in place when its not tight its a friction fit and slides very smooth.

Default Slider sight

Quote Originally Posted by ripndrag View Post
    yes you do adjust it with the scale. with a properly built scale its way more acurate than anybody could set pins. its acurate to 3/8 of an inch at all yardages look up www.archersadvantage.com its smooth sliding the bearing surfaces are black delirin. I can make acurate yardage changes in less than 2 seconds. its like having a 130 pin sight with a pin for every yard.
    That does look like a good idea and simple. KISS is always better in my mind. I have one problem though. When I get excited, as when game gets close, I sometimes flub up, like big time. Must be the "buck fever" still has me. For example, I can sound like a real live hen turkey with diaphram calls in practice. I get in the woods and get a tom coming to me and I can't make my tounge do the right thing. Oh well, sure is exciting. Same thing with adjusting the sight, I may be thinking 25 yards and put it on 50, in the heat of the moment. But this is just me. With enough practice I may be able to adjust it under pressure. Thanks for sharing the sight. Mark

Hey Rip,
    What is the cost of this setup ?
    I cannot locate anything more on the website but the pics.

Default Cost ?

Quote Originally Posted by dennisnys View Post
    hey rip,
    what is the cost of this setup ?
    I cannot locate anything more on the website but the pics.
    i think its 140 bucks for the first few sold on this fourm THE PHONE NUMBER IS 801 550 5636