Thread: saw 2 trumpeters today

Default saw 2 trumpeters today

hello swans. i live near 3bears in wasilla and just saw 2 long necked trumpeters flying west above the tree line out my living room window. Welcome home

Default 4 more

Was driving by Portage and saw four flying overhead. Spring is here!

Default Saturday

Yeah on Saturday I was fishing Diamond Lake, and heard honking turned around and there was 5 swans flying by I was like they're back, I wish we had a spring season for ducks.

We had a pair winter over here Delta.

Default Spring Season

I really wish we had a spring season as well. I saw a flock of about 25 malards on Saturday. I also saw to Canada Geese.

Where do they have spring seasons? I saw an article about some spring seasons in Canada.

I think it is out in Western alaska, I'm not sure though. Yeah this winter just down the road from my house mallards stayed all winter in a section of chester creek. At times there were easily 400 birds down there all year. Every morning and night flights in and out and quacking all day long it was hell for a duck hunter.

i believe there many places to hunt spring snow geese, Nebraska, and yes parts of canada, Missouri, back east. With the abundant numbers of snows, i would think many more states allow it. As much as i love duck hunting I would not want to see a spring season on ducks. Ever!

we have healthy species populations minus the majestic Pintail which I will not shoot but only drakes down south and up here. Never a hen pintail and I would hope we too here in alaska, will practice passing on the hen sprig. 1 hen isn't going to get any of us a trophy but one less hen that will produce clutches for the future. maybe a few other species are down from the long term 55 yr ave. history count.

we had our shot last fall. In Jan, they begin paring up. They've been pounded for 5 months. They made it back here, dodged the bbs, they deserve to be left alone. they don't need the stress and it's their time now Watch them on the refuges do their thing and thank God for his wonderful creation.

The hunt catchfish is talking about is a rural hunt. Not sure on the units but I think somewhere the YK delta area. Lucky B*******.

You guys wish you had a spring season to hunt waterfowl?

What you want to hunt ducks and geese as they return to their breeding grounds???, that makes alot of sense!!!!

Default NO

But it sure would make it easyer to pick the drakes out form the hen's, when there doing mach 4 over the decoys. So I guess that would leave more hens for the nest.

i thought you were talking about teal, duckman? yea, i remember you posting that during duck season. what a sight and sound you had that day. I'll be moving back down to soldotna in a week or two so I don't think i'll get to see much down there. Although I do remember when fishing for kings on the Kasilof my first year in AK in '04 it was awesome to see pintails flying high along the river.

i'd like to say it again what you experienced that day in my opinion is as good as it will ever get. you had pintails do their thing to ya while they were on their 3000 mile journey. might even made it down to mexico. i hunted calif 28 yrs and don't think i can remember ever having the experience you had up close but i have seen them do it. I think sprig are the most wary and smartest bird in getting to commit if there seems to even be a little bit of pressure.

Default got some geese

on base today. Three fights. One of 12, one of of 8, and the one I saw, of about 23 or so. Give or take 5.