Thread: Encore Katahdin Forend Fit?????????????????????

Question Encore Katahdin Forend Fit?????????????????????

Will the composite forends for 26" heavy barrel encores fit the Katahdin 45/70 Barrels???

I want to buy a Katahdin 45/70 barrel but would like to use the composite hardwoods front end on my current rifle ... will this work or do I have to buy the Katahdin specific front end??? The Katahdin specific front end doesnt come in hardwoods composite ... so if I have to buy the Katahdin specific front end, I will need to buy a new buttstock as well ...

HELP!!!

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

What is your barrel diameter at the forearm mounting point? I have a 26" Heavy 375 H&H barrel, a custom VanHorn heavy 25-06 barrel, a custom Virgin Valley heavy 257 STW barrel and a custom Match Grade Match 500 S&W barrel and the standard forearms fit.

Default current forend ...

My current forend is on a 26" 204 Ruger barrel.

Looking through the T/C catalog, it lists a specific forend for the katahdins but also there are pictures shown that look like the same forend on a 28" pro hunter as a Katahdin.

The budget is low for this particular project so I want to keep costs down ...

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

I went over too the T/C web site and looked around. The numbers that you are looking at are numbers that correspond to a particular cartridge chambered firearm kit stock number not actual parts numbers. If you ordered a 375 H&H it would be number so and so and if you ordered a 45-70 it would be another number. So I would assume that all forearms for the T/C Encore Rifle barrels will fit all of them no matter what barrel you bought. From what I can tell the only difference between the standard Encore and the Pro-Hunter is the new stock design, swinging hammer extension and the 28" fluted barrels. I would think that the Pro-Hunter barrels would fit a standard Encore frame. E-mail them and ask them.

Default T/C

Thanks Allen ... I will give T/C a call tomorrow (ran out of time today).

Seems T/C doesn't like to use email ... go figure in these times ...

Default Different ...

weeellllllll ..........

Called T/C this morning (finally had time ... sheeesh) ...

Anyway, the Katahdin does use a different forend ... screw spacing for the forend is different ...

I think I will call the custom shop and get what I need in a barrel. (Hopefully)