Thread: Glock parts

Default Glock parts

Got a G23 that is my all around carry gun. I shoot it a lot and with the current state of the union I want to stock up on parts that I may need if pistol parts become hard to find. With that in mind does anybody know what parts I should get? Springs, firing pin, slide etc. etc. Allready have enough amo to shoot the barrel out It would be a good idea to look at all your firearms and make a list of high wear parts.
    In the Bush

I just bought a second identical pistol, one to shoot, and one for parts/ backup. Mags, mags, mags, get lots of mags.

as a glock armorer i can tell you safely your pistol will probably last a lifetime w/o the need for replacement parts of any kind. these pistols have been fired over 100,000 rds with out measureable wear. as the military standard for beretta is only 2,000 rounds, you can see the difference.

on my pistols an extended slide release, magazine release, 2.5# trigger and night sights pretty much round out the "improvements". none of these are necessary.

you have one of the most dependable and durable fighting pistols extent, buy an extra mag or two and call it good!
    happy trails.
    jh

Ditto the last. Buy hi-cap mags before they are banned. Nothing else in the gun is going to wear out.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

I differ slightly with the advice already given. I would keep a couple of spare recoil springs on hand. While it is true that they don't "wear out" they do get weaker over many years. So if you're looking for a "lifetime" solution I would keep these as spares. And of course the magazines as already advised.

However, the best long term solution is a second or more gun. As reliable as the Glocks and all the other major gun brands are these days no mechanical device is going to last forever and failures do happen all the time, even for Glocks. That's the reality of any mechanical device. Thinking it's a Glock and therefore it can't break is not a good long term plan.

Default Thanks..anything else?

Thanks for tha advise..gonna pick up a couple more mags, and recoil springs. The pistol already has Meprolight sites, Lasermax, and a Jentra plug. I also use the Galco Royal Guard holster...the best and most comfortable deep concealment one I have found. Keep the advise coming!
    In the Bush

It's not that things in a Glock can't break or wear out. But parts for the Glock will always be available. The G-Men can run around and try to ban this gun and that gun all they want. The "parts" that go in your Glock will always be manufactured (overseas) and will always be available (except for 3.5# connectors, which always seem to be sold out).

The Glock part that is most likely to break is the plastic guide rod. The OEM part is super cheap, so you can easily have an extra laying around. The aftermarket stainless steel guiderods aren't very expensive either and they can't "break".

So, if I just wanted to have some spare parts around, I would repeat what I've already done with mine. Get an extended slide stop, mag release, take-down bar, aftermarket cut-rifle barrel, SS guide rod with spring, 3.5# connector, Olive NY trigger spring, and a target trigger (with bar). After you've installed all these nifty little gizmos, you have the original parts as functioning replacment parts.

I also highly recommend TopGlock.com as a source for Glock parts if you're going to the internet for your shopping. I've ordered tons of stuff from those guys and they have great prices and perfect service.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Top-Glock

Top-Glock is great...I got my Jentra plug and Meprolights from them...bought the Lasermax off ebay brand new for 100$ under retail. Thanks for the info!
    In the Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Akjaq View Post
    Top-Glock is great...I got my Jentra plug and Meprolights from them...bought the Lasermax off ebay brand new for 100$ under retail. Thanks for the info!
    What are your thoughts on the Lasermax?...has it worked as well as expected?

Default lasermax

Yes+++ love the lasermax and there customer service. If the laser isnt dead on the money you can send them a 5 shot group out of your pistol and load @20yards and they will custom culmenate the laser to your pistol for free. Didnt have to do that with mine....my pistol had the Meprolights allready installed when I put the lasermax in and once installed the laser beam rested on top of the front sight at 20 yards...dead on the money. I have since put hundreds of rounds through the G23 and the laser hasnt budged. I just called them (I like to talk weapons) to chat and asked what would they do if the laser ever lost zero@20yards. Thats when they told me about custom sighting them for your gun and load and for showing interest they sent me a backup set of batteries! Lasermax ROCKS
    In the Bush

Impressive...thanks for the info