Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haglofs are here!!!

Default Haglofs are here!!!

well, i have finally received my Haglofs rugged mountain pant. ill start by saying they are rugged feeling! kinda feel like canvas on the green part (i think they are a canvas material). the black butt and knee areas are thick stretchy material. the black towards the bottom/ankles feels more like cordura. (crampon protection?)

my first thought were dang, these are crunchy, but they are starting to get a lil quieter after even just an hour of wearing them around my room here. im sure they will quiet down and break in after a day or two of wearing them and washing them. ill post back on that shortly. the stitching appears to be top notch as well. rather thick thread it seems. the pockets are definitealy big enough to put an assortment of things in. (i put a 20 oz. mtn dew bottle in without a problem.) the right thigh pocket has another smaller pocket sewn in that a cell phone or something of that nature fits in nicely. next to that is 2 pencil sized pockets for a pen or pencil sized item. (a lens pen fits in there like a champ) they have good zippers on them with a piece of leather for the pull tab. the zippered butt pocket fits my fat (not from $$$) wallet nicely as well. im diggin the side vents too. they are on each side just above the knee and open nicely. the fit is great, more of a low rise, which i love. im about a 31/32 in waist and the medium(50) fits me perfectly. the waist has a small amount of elasticity in it. i like the buckle at the cuff of the pants. it seems to hold. i like it better than the elastic on my mammut champ pants. the front of the cuff has a metal loop for hooking to your boot laces to hold them down.

so far, im pretty impressed with them. they have very good potential to become my favorite pant. i do like my mammut champ pants tho. i just go these as well. they feel like a glorified sweat pant haha. oh and i picked up an arc'teryx jacket for $80.00 from the korean place. prolly gonna have to get the gamma lt pants too. $70.00 for the pants. i think its worth it. ugh i have too many pants to test haha. that was wayyy off topic eh? anyhow***

well, heres some pics. these seem like a very hardcore pant! preliminary report, they get a 10 for 10. i cant notice anything i dont like. (except the loudness, which is the nature of the beast on a pant like this id say) hopefully they will break in and quiet down. dont get me wrong, they arent like an airhorn going off, but they arent silent like my ascents or champ pants. might be a lil rough stalking in for the bow shot. BUT like i said, ill wash and wear and see how they turn out. thanks for reading!

Attachment 15552

P1010006.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

and more pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images

P1010021.jpg decent deal on the jacket i think...

P1010016.jpg boot lace hook

last ones. Lemme know if anyone wants more info or pics! have a good one yall!

P1010019.jpg

P1010012.jpg

correction, the others im looking at are the arc'teryx gamma mx and ar's...

what kind of fastener do they use on the waist/fly? Is it a zipper fly w/ a button or snap? Does it seem like it is going to last? I hated the Sitka button on ribbon setup it failed on a hunt and caused me to lose over an hour of daylight fiddling w/ it.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    what kind of fastener do they use on the waist/fly? Is it a zipper fly w/ a button or snap? Does it seem like it is going to last? I hated the Sitka button on ribbon setup it failed on a hunt and caused me to lose over an hour of daylight fiddling w/ it.
    Its a solid button all the way through the button side of the pant. the other side is stitched heavily. doesnt seem like it could fail. its a lot like the button on a pair of levi's. only bigger. they have a coated zipper with a rubberized pull tab. all zippers are ykk. i can put pics up if needed. i meant to take some, but i suppose i forgot...

Not sure if one of the other pics shows it or not, I am on such a slow connection that I can't get them to load up from the thumbnails. Your description sounds great though!

Are you going to try and test water resistance and drying times? I will be looking forward to your updates. I may have to invest in a set of these pants as well and I sure appreciate you investing the money and time into the research!!!!!

i was gonna try and do the water resistance test and dry time today, but never got around to it. ill try to this week/weekend. i can email those pics if you need bud. just lemme know. i did spill some water on them come to think of it and it just ran off into my recliner lol... looks promising!

Who did you order them from? I'm in need of a good pair of rugged hiking pants for this summer.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Haglofs

What website did you order them from? How much did you buy them for? and What model are those.

Im looking at the climatic pants by haglof mid-weight. My norweigen buddy has the haglofs and Im sold on them the material fit etc...

Pics look great..

thanks
    James

http://www.fellandmountain.co.uk/product/rugged-pant/

i think they came out to be around 99.95 for the pants, so like $150.00 USD with shipping, give or take a few... these are the Hagloff Rugged Mountain pant. Im definitely a fan of haglofs now! i still gotta put them through the outdoor wringer, but i think they will handle their share.

Quote Originally Posted by bohntr21 View Post
    What website did you order them from? How much did you buy them for? and What model are those.

Im looking at the climatic pants by haglof mid-weight. My norweigen buddy has the haglofs and Im sold on them the material fit etc...

Pics look great..

thanks
    James

anyone else pull the trigger on these britches?

What is the Korean place you refer to in your first post where you got the Arcteryx so cheap....

If I can get them in a 36/long I'm game.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by akpfeiff View Post
    What is the Korean place you refer to in your first post where you got the Arcteryx so cheap....
    a store around here has them and the PX in Osan has a local vendor set up outside the food court and he sells a lot of that stuff. i gotta visit him again and see what all he can get.

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    If I can get them in a 36/long I'm game.
    i dont see why you couldnt. do they have them on that website or even haglofs website?

I've checked 3-4 sites and they don't stock them in a long. I'll send a few emails, I'm sure these dealers can get me a pair, though.

TWB, let me know what you find, I can only wish that I could fit into a 36 but regardless of that I will need a long set as well. The company makes them but I have yet to see them advertised on any website.

Default Confused

I don't see the RUGGED MOUNTAIN PANT you mentiuoned on Hagloffs
    website-- Maybee these are a discontinued model or something smells
    fishy here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast