Thread: Bows on ATV's

Default Bows on ATV's

I am looking for the best way to carry a bow out on the ATV. I have strapped the hard case on before, but are there any other good ideas out there for carrying the bow on the ATV? I want to make sure and keep it shootable and mud free. Just looking for what others do.

Default case

This case looks like it would work pretty well, and not too expensive, or sell the wheeler, buy a Rhino, and carry the bow case in the bed.

http://greenemountain.net/Detail.bok...rchpath=770260

Jake
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

Does anyone in south central AK sell an ATV bow case?

Check out the Lakewood Products "Bowfile", I just picked up this case, it is great! You can drop your bow in the case with quiver on, it is a very durable case too. They have D-rings on it so you can strap it to your wheeler too. It will be great because you can easily remove and put back in your bow with the quiver and it will be safe and out of the elements. I plan on using it this moose/bear season I also know a place to get them at a very reasonable price.
    http://www.lakewoodproducts.com/mm5/...y_Code=archery

There was a company that was selling gun/bow rack for the front of the quad at the Sportsman's Show this week end. Didn't get the name but the bow riding string up caught my attention. Maybe someone else can help?

George

I made one out of a 1x6 board and and 2" Styrofoam insulation that workd quite well. Glued the insulation onto the board and then cut grooves in the insulation to match the bow. Then I bungee the board to the rack or the top of the load and bungee the bow in. I like this as it is easy to move on top of whatever you have on your rack. Been using this for 3 years without any problems. This holds the bow securely but it is exposed to the elements. If you are worried about it getting dirty you could make a cover for it.

Default Rack

I have a factory made rack on the front of my Honda. Basically 2 rubber blocks that can be rotated to any angle and Velcro straps. Once set up correctly, the two straps hold the bow very firmly in place. If I remember correctly I bought it from Cabela's.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default ATV bow rack

I saw one at SW when I was looking for one a couple months back. I also saw something in Cabela similar.

Of course, you could make your own like akdd did.

Quote Originally Posted by George Riddle View Post
    There was a company that was selling gun/bow rack for the front of the quad at the Sportsman's Show this week end. Didn't get the name but the bow riding string up caught my attention. Maybe someone else can help?

George
    George, was it the Sure Grip?The gentlemans name was A.J Williams phone 800 433-1757. www.suregripracks.com

Thanks TinMan,

George

Default Rifle Forks work

Try some simple, cheap, adjustable rifle forks. ...been using them for years. I cover the strings with the primos bow sling for string protection going through thick stuff. Good luck!

just don't roll your 4wheeler like me....there goes my bow......seriously. it sucked. 'course I'm a moron for rolling it in the first place...

Question Ouch Frog!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman77 View Post
    just don't roll your 4wheeler like me....there goes my bow......seriously. it sucked. 'course I'm a moron for rolling it in the first place...
    Did you damage the bow?

yes and no....rest got twisted up so did my sight, both cams got full and I mean full of mud and dirt, one of my dampners got shoved through the other side....

but the riser was totally solid, no bends no cracks, no dings!! whew!! what a relief....had the block target with us, I retimed the cams in the field ( martin slayer shoot through nitrous cams, don't need a press to twist up strings or cables! Another reason why I love martin bows!) and got er sighted in and good to go for the rest of the trip...course, no moose that trip, but i did manage to shoot a grouse in the head through some branches! Bird down!

anyway, came home and took everything apart and gave it a thorough cleaning...life is good again. and uh...no more rolling atv's