Thread: Tire Help!

Default Tire Help!

I have a 2007 A/C 500 auto, I'm looking to make it a little wider. Are any of you running wheel spacers? I was going to buy a set of 26' 589's which are a little taller and two inches wider, but the tires i have are still really good. Any suggestions would be great.. Thanks..Kev

Default tires

We have a pair of 2005 A/C 500's. The first thing we did when we got them home was to replace the tires. We put Titian 589 M/T's on. 26x9x12 on the front and 26x12x12 on the rear. One of the things that I like is the way the tires mount on the rims and extend out past the rims. No problems 'dinging' a rim.
    So far we have been very happy with this tire combo. Even though the factory tires are still good, they can not hold a handle to good after market tires.
    Good luck.

Bigger/wider aftermarket tires are the best upgrade you can do to a wheeler IMO. I'm running 1 1/2" Highlifter spacers on the front of my 6x6 and haven't had any problems at all. It steers a bit harder, but the extra flotation is worth it!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Smile me too

im also running 1 1/2 spacers on my sportsman with 26 inch mud lite xl's and its the best thing that ever happend to that 4 wheeler

Go with the bigger tires for sure, and spacers will be great too. On my rancher I lifted it 2" and added Highlifter heavy springs in the rear and put 26" Maxxis Mudbugs on it, it goes almost anywhere now. All I need is some wheel spacers for more stability though...definitely do that though, you will be very happy you did.

Thanks Guys!! that seemed to make up my mind. I will get the tires and wheel it a few times and then go with the spacers if needed. Now were is the best place to score 589's in town??? Thanks again!!

I run MudBugs on my AC500 and I love them. Lighter than the 589's but as good IMHO.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default clarification

Could someone please clarify: We're talking about spacers to go wider (increased lateral stability) and lifters to lift the machine?

Are a lot of people running spacers with bigger tires?

Quote Originally Posted by ruustah View Post
    Could someone please clarify: We're talking about spacers to go wider (increased lateral stability) and lifters to lift the machine?

Are a lot of people running spacers with bigger tires?
    You are correct. Sometimes you have to run spacers or get rims with different offset so bigger tires will clear suspension/steering parts. I had to go wider on the front of my 6x6 because the wider tires were rubbing the tie rod ends.
    AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I just bought a set of Interco Swamp Lights 26x12 rear and 26x9 in the front. These tires are much wider and and the tread is awsome! Can't wait to get them in the mud.

I run 27" MudBugs and run spacers simply because it helps put my tires more to the outer edges of any ruts, giving me better grab.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    Bigger/wider aftermarket tires are the best upgrade you can do to a wheeler IMO. I'm running 1 1/2" Highlifter spacers on the front of my 6x6 and haven't had any problems at all. It steers a bit harder, but the extra flotation is worth it!

Sorry Mud, but I gotta say that the ol' WARN winch is a better upgrade. At some point you are going to be stuck regardless of tires and you'll be wishing for that winch.

However, I am a big fan of ITP 589s, its the 2nd best upgrade you can give a wheeler.

Pretty sure Mud is in the same boat as us as in a winch should be considered a stock item!

Besides gas, always the next amount of cash should be a winch and tires...no exceptions!

A winch....isn't that standard equip?? Upgrade! ha! It shouldn't leave the dealership floor without a BIG one!
    AKmud