Thread: just need a little insite

Default just need a little insite

big question?? so i saw that someone has already posted that they have killed a bear this year, or thats the way i took it. so the question is, wen does black bear season open?? im new to alaska and trying to figure it out, please inform thatnks

If you are new to the state, the I suggest you start reading and memorizing:

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index...gulations.main

B-radford's link is a good one. For quick reference, black bear season generally remains open all winter long. In some units it never closes, whereas in others it opens sometime in early fall and closes in late spring. Get yourself a copy of the hunting regulations and read them over and over and over again. Every unit is different, so know where you're hunting and the laws that apply therein.

Default AK Regs

I agree that your going to have to learn the regs....by reading them.
    They are complicated, but about on the third reading they begin to make a lot of sence.

In addition to season dates...you will need to become familiar with meat salvage requirements in the area where you plan to hunt. Different areas have different salvage and recovery requirements in spring and fall.

One year I got stuck in a six day hurricane type storm down near Cold Bay. By the end of the storm I knew the Alaska Game Regs and the Statutes and Regulations Big Game Commercial Services Board regulations (the guide book "blue bible") very, very completely.

Don't consider learning the regs a chore or unpleasant task. Learning the regs, like learning to skin and flesh a bear, is part of becoming a real Alaskan hunter. It is the most elementary learning all of us do prior to hunting.

Dennis
    AK TAGS

Quote Originally Posted by NC Hunter View Post
    big question?? so i saw that someone has already posted that they have killed a bear this year, or thats the way i took it. so the question is, wen does black bear season open?? im new to alaska and trying to figure it out, please inform thatnks
    What happen to that post about the bear that was just killed? It just disappeared, I was wanting to see some pics of the bear....

not sure where it went, but there were no pics yet...said he would be putting them on in the future