Thread: 4200 lbs in a Wooldridge Akaskan XL

Default 4200 lbs in a Wooldridge Akaskan XL

Well they just ran another load test this time with a 200 Etec HO with the power jet. I don't think they ever thought they would get this much up. Here are some pics, and there is a video up on the website that is under the first one with the 150 Etec. Does anyone know if there has been a test done with a Sport Jet powered boat? There does not seem to be and numbers out there on them. Grant Wooldridge will be down at the sportsman show today through Sunday stop by and he can tell you about the boats and this test.
    http://www.wooldridgeboats.com/boats/alaskanxl.htm

Default wow

Simply, WOW. The video is worth watching. This would make a sweet hunting rig for up here. I was unable to read the little display in the video. What data was being displayed MPG, MPH etc.

At the end of the video they state 33mph at 5000 rpm. They don't say what the mpg/gph was. Very impressive.

I have had 4600 lbs in my Extreme........and went 60 miles up river and did 30 mph...........and burnt 18 gph.......

Default 4200

Quote Originally Posted by AK Troutbum View Post
    At the end of the video they state 33mph at 5000 rpm. They don't say what the mpg/gph was. Very impressive.
    In the video on a bigger screen you can see the speed, we watched it on a lap top at the show.There will be a full set of rpm/ gph/ speed numbers soon on the web. The lake was rough with whitecaps not far from shore, so they stayed close in, the camera does bounce around some.
    They haul water in these tests to get a TRUE weight for the load since everybody has a different guess on the largest load they have hauled in there boat.

Quote Originally Posted by sport drifter View Post
    They haul water in these tests to get a TRUE weight for the load since everybody has a different guess on the largest load they have hauled in there boat.

MY big load was all lumber That got delivered to work and that is what the bill said it weighed.........So i did not pull a # out of nowhere.........

Well guess was a bad choice of words.
    That's impressive if you had 4600 in lumber then add fuel and guys you had well over 5000. I just know that 4200 is the most I have seen in a 20ft boat with 140 hp at the jet. In the video look how far down the boat is setting in the water when loaded, it's below the side stiffener on the side!!!!!!!!!!!!!