Thread: Rifle Scope on TC Contender???

Default Rifle Scope on TC Contender???

My buddy has a Burris scope on his 14" .223 barrel for his TC Contender handgun. The problem is that he shoots it more like a small rifle in that he uses a rest or sit down and uses his knee this means he has a hard time at times getting far enough back to get the proper eye relief. Aside from the obvious more bulk and weight, is there any reason why a regular rifle scope would be a bad idea on a handgun?? He is not too concerned about getting bit in the eye with the shorter eye relief(3-4 inches instead of 11-24 inches) as the .223 doesn't recoil that bad. Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    My buddy has a Burris scope on his 14" .223 barrel for his TC Contender handgun. The problem is that he shoots it more like a small rifle in that he uses a rest or sit down and uses his knee this means he has a hard time at times getting far enough back to get the proper eye relief. Aside from the obvious more bulk and weight, is there any reason why a regular rifle scope would be a bad idea on a handgun?? He is not too concerned about getting bit in the eye with the shorter eye relief(3-4 inches instead of 11-24 inches) as the .223 doesn't recoil that bad. Thanks for the input.
    A lot of shooters use a rifle scope with a fancy hold on the gun. Just do not try it with heavy recoil.

I have a 2-6 Bushnell Pistol Scope on my 308 Encore pistol and really like it. I have 2 buddies that are using the same scope also with no problems.

I have the same scope 450Hunter is refering to (I assume you mean the $180ish Trophy?) on my 15" 450 Marlin barrel with factory brake & love it (450 hunter, this barrel, scope, & some forearms & misc are all for sale as a package. You NEED this package to go with your screen name! email me if interested.).
    That said, I know quite a few guys that use normal eye relief scopes on the lighter kicking handgun barrels with great results. If you get into some of the "compact" or short action rifle scopes I doubt there will be much bulk or weight penalty either.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."