Thread: Feeder kings in Resurrection bay

Default Feeder kings in Resurrection bay

Was wondering if there is a fishery for feeder kings in resurrection bay. IF so can you pass along any tips, times or locations. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by monello View Post
    Was wondering if there is a fishery for feeder kings in resurrection bay. IF so can you pass along any tips, times or locations. Thanks.
    I know there is....look at my avatar...lol.

I caught that mooching for silvers, so they are there. Scary thing is that that was a 50 pound king that was going for another year at sea...would've been a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by monello View Post
    Yes. I happen to like to work all of the points on the west side (Callisto/Caines ect) and between the major islands. While they are not everywhere, they do seem like they can be anywhere. I have caught them from April to September in just about every size up to 40 pounds. It is usually rather slow though if you are just targeting them.....

Default Feeders

There are plenty of Kings in the bay.It is not easy to catch them but those who know catch them almost everytime they go out. I would suggest that you take a charter with one of the locals and watch what they do. I am not really good enough at catching them to take charters out - I can catch them about half again as often as the top boat. I don't have the time to really figure it out. I would suggest fishing with Alaska Saltwater Chaters. They are the best at it and have been doing it for years. I don't have anything to gain from pointing you in that direction, but it is my best advice if you want to accelerate your learning curve.