Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sportsman Show Anchorage, first impressions

Default Sportsman Show Anchorage, first impressions

Well we are off and running. Please post any information, observations, suggestions, etc as we go along. Hopefully there are some new things to see. Best of luck to everyone working the show. ( not me this year!)

Dave

Default Safe's

Not sure we're going to make it up this year, but would love to hear if Boondocks or anyone has signifcant sale on gun safes. In real need, so if so, may be the deciding factor in a road trip.

Thanks,

Will
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Default Safes

wildwill,
    gun safes were all that boondocks had! That was literally it. They had nothing else! Maybe they were gonna bring some in later in the week...
    Ryan from Wasilla

Default First Impressions

Same S____, different year!!!

Default Disapointed!

Man went to hit boondocks and the like. Boondocks is all in-store they said, had a sale sheet but nothing to look at but safes, what the heck! Barneys was great to talk to and had a nice display, also everything in the store is 10% off. Barneys and B&J's had the HH camo in all 4 styles. So to say the least Boondocks is not getting my business this year! I didn't go pay $15 to find out the sale is in store, then have to drive out there to shop! I think I will be covered between Barneys and B&J's, oh and 6th Ave. Outfitters!

Maybe I lived here to long but this years show seemed very lame. My son and I went tonight with high hopes of getting out of the house and he wanted to order a Barneys backpack.
    After he ordered the pack we walked through all the buildings and we were both disappointed.
    Tennessee

Default 3 bears

Quote Originally Posted by wildwill View Post
    Not sure we're going to make it up this year, but would love to hear if Boondocks or anyone has signifcant sale on gun safes. In real need, so if so, may be the deciding factor in a road trip.

Thanks,

Will
    If they dont yet they are getting in a truckload of Gun Safes. I don't recall the brand but I know the price is right and they are good ones. worth checking out. If what I heard is true.

Default Kind of missing something

Seems like the place was just like a lame horse. Running but not very good.

I guess I was hopeing for some better deals with the economy being down.

Other than that my son got into one of those big char swimming in circles at the pond. he's four and it broke his line. What a blast for him.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default Went last night

Must agree that most booths appeared to be sparsely stocked with goods and there were few bargains to be found.

Surprised that Fred Meyers didn't participate this year. Usually, they have plenty of low-ball items at the show. Evidently, not enough excess inventory to liquidate.

Best deal I saw was the annual $895 sale on Honda EU200i generators. Get 'em before they're gone...

Default Might there be

more inventory at the show this weekend? Was just thinking maybe(though I can't think of a reason) the vendors didn't have everything there yet. Let us know if the invetory increases at the show please, otherwise I'll use my ten bucks for gas money and just go to the venders stores. Thanks.

Barney's was probably my favorite booth there..........Boondocks reduced to 2 like everyone said and passed out first come first serve sale flyer's, The only thing im considering going back for is Tony Russ's sheep seminar..., you could tell that a lot of vendors were hurting due to the lack of items...............

Any good deals on halibut & fishing charters? What all did Barney's have at the show? I was planning on going tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by 375ultramag View Post
    If they dont yet they are getting in a truckload of Gun Safes. I don't recall the brand but I know the price is right and they are good ones. worth checking out. If what I heard is true.
    Canon Safes.

In comparison, Action Security has better safes for the money, plus they are fire rated as well.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I usually spend at least 1000 bucks or more.... this year, 5 bucks on a lottery ticket........ sorry show folks
    "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Unhappy Slow Show

Glad all of you gave your comments on this thread. Saved me a lot of driving from the Peninsula. Just got the ok from the spouse, then read all of these. Would be a waste of time and fuel. Thanks for the savings. Guess I'll just see what lamely comes to the Soldotna show. Might just have to see if I can find an open spot on the Kenai to try for a trout (Redoubt permitting).

M

Q: Does Barney's have any deals going?

Quote Originally Posted by wy2ak View Post
    Q: Does Barney's have any deals going?
    Everything at Barneys is 10% off.

First time at the show, wasn't to bad as I finally ordered my pack and a pair ofKenetreks, the Kenetreks came with a free pair of gators and a t-shirt

Wink

I don't know of any vendor that won't honor their show price at the store. So if you have your eye on something special, I would just go to the store and be done with it.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Thanks Windswept!!!

Alaska Butcher Supply also has pretty decent deals on their vacuum sealers. Comparing their prices to the plastic models , their product looks superior anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast