Thread: extra clip?

Default extra clip?

Does any one know where I can get an extra clip for a High Standard Dura matic M-101 Pistol?

try Krasnes (Triple K MFr) in San Diego or Numrich arms, both on line. the gun sites like guns america, etc usually have some listed.

one caveat: I have never had a non high standard had magazine work well in any of the 6 or more HS pistols I have owned. Even the HS made ones sometimes need tweaking to the pistol.

Hope that helps!

Default Picture

Quote Originally Posted by big_dog60 View Post
    Does any one know where I can get an extra clip for a High Standard Dura matic M-101 Pistol?
    Got a picture? I've never seen High Standard that uses a clip. The only ones I've seen used magazines.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    Got a picture? I've never seen High Standard that uses a clip. The only ones I've seen used magazines.
    Yeah, the only down side to having a pistol that uses a clip is the "pling" sound it makes when it's time for a reload...

- Clint
    /_|o[____]o
    [1---L-OllllllO-
    ()_)()_)==)_)

Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    Ooh, the fatal internet misnomer strikes again....

um, ok, perhaps I am not using the correct terminology, so what is the difference between a clip and a magazine?

I thought that a magazine was built in, like many bolt action rifles have, and a clip was a removable.

Default Difference

um, ok, perhaps I am not using the correct terminology, so what is the difference between a clip and a magazine?

I thought that a magazine was built in, like many bolt action rifles have, and a clip was a removable.
    It is terminology.
    A magazine holds the ammunition inside. For instance a Glock mag. a box magazine like a detachable for a Tikka or Remington.

A clip holds the ammo ready to be inserted in a fixed in gun magazine like the ones used on Garands,, C-96 Mausers, Grendels,,SKS and many others. Many removeable magazines also have clips like the ones for AR-15s and AK-47s.

Magazine;
    http://www.botachtactical.com/glockmagazines.html

Clip:
    http://wetlands.simplyaquatics.com/v/ammo/garand-clips/
    http://www.thecountryshed.com/sks_accessories.htm

Clips are usually cheaper and disposable.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

ok, well then I am looking for and extra magazine.

Good job guys with the clip vs magazine lessons. Do you think we could get a nice power-point demo on the use of clips and the proper way to load magazines and clips with ammo and into the guns?? There could be a Nobel peace prize waiting for someone.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Good job guys with the clip vs magazine lessons. Do you think we could get a nice power-point demo on the use of clips and the proper way to load magazines and clips with ammo and into the guns?? There could be a Nobel peace prize waiting for someone.
    NIce!.......and none of the keyboard experts actually helped the shooter meet his needs; they new what he meant as well. Why do we do that to each other?

Try this person:

http://www.jocoemprise.com/

He specializes in hard to find magazines. He didn't have any mags for your particular firearm listed, but I'd email him and inquire about it, he is quick to respond to email and may be able to help.

Don't worry about mixing up magazine and clip, people like to give a ribbing, but everyone knew what you were talking about.

Default this just happened at work yesterday

A guy was selling several pistols which he said had several clips. he also said he had several rifles with shoulder straps. he was not a gun guy but im picturing clips carried in purses. kind of jumps out at you. sorry to say many say clip when they mean magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by asrjb25 View Post
    Try this person:

http://www.jocoemprise.com/

He specializes in hard to find magazines. He didn't have any mags for your particular firearm listed, but I'd email him and inquire about it, he is quick to respond to email and may be able to help.

Don't worry about mixing up magazine and clip, people like to give a ribbing, but everyone knew what you were talking about.
    Yes great place to start

Default So, would

a speedloader be considered a clip then??
    What about a striploader (the flat speedloader for revolvers)?
    Mike

(just making trouble)
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

not to mention the difference between a stripper clip and an en-bloc clip...

Bob Shea is mgith be good source of HS "hold the bullet thingies" as as well, and he can adjust feed lips to improve feeding. Google him up. I beleive he was the resident gun doctor for HS in the old days.