Thread: Ramp conditions in seward and whittier?

Default Ramp conditions in seward and whittier?

So does anyone know what the ramps in Seward are looking like right now? I am wanting to get the new boat wet starting this month, but i don't know if i will need chains for whittier and/ or Seward. Just checking to who has seen them lately. Thanks

David

Looks real good there right now from the webcam...

http://cam.majormarine.com/

Default Wow that helps....

AK2AZ,
    That definately makes it easier to see how the conditions are.... Thanks for the link to that, now do you know if there is any winter king fishing in that area worth going for>??? Alright i may be pushing it with the king question, but that would be the way to start the fishing season off! Thanks again...

David

From what I hear around Hive, Fox, and Rugged islands can produce. I`ve never tried myself but plan to fish this area in a few weeks if we can get the boat finished. 50-80' seems to be the ticket for most of the reports I`ve heard. Lots of smaller rockfish around those islands as well. Stay away from the islands a ways as there are a couple submerged rocks around Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    From what I hear around Hive, Fox, and Rugged islands can produce. I`ve never tried myself but plan to fish this area in a few weeks if we can get the boat finished. 50-80' seems to be the ticket for most of the reports I`ve heard. Lots of smaller rockfish around those islands as well. Stay away from the islands a ways as there are a couple submerged rocks around Fox.

all of the rocks are on the southwest side of Fox Island, so if you stay on north you'll be okay. I know there are a couple guides out of Seward that are really efficient at catching kings in that area. Ask AKcaptain he'll be able to set you in the right direction, there is also a boat called the Florette C ( or something like that) that targets kings in that area year round and produces nice catches.