Thread: Moose River mid-June?

Default Moose River mid-June?

Are there any reds worth going after the second weekend of June @ the Moose River? Gonna hit the Russian Ferry (haven't been there in years) but need a backup plan in case there are a zilllion people already there and no parking. Fished Moose River July 4 last year and did ok. l

What do you think, would the Moose be a good alternative to the Russian June 12-around the opener? Heck, is the Moose even open?

Tim

...need a backup plan in case there are a zilllion people already there and no parking.
    Couldn't be any worse than the Situk, right?

After last year, its hard to guess when the salmon will run.

Default Go for it!

I say it's worth a try. Typcially the reds peak on the lower around the 15th of June but it is a fast and furious run, maybe lasting 3 or 4 days where the fishing is decent. I suppose that the middle should spread the fish out a bit more.... If you go later it will likely be better than earlier. It is also possible that you might get into some rainbow/dolly action around that time as well (be sure to check the regs for open season!)

I always hear of reports of reds at the Russian on the opener, maybe not non-stop action, but reds nonetheless.

Cheers